Honored Contributor

Re: BEST WAY TO COOK CORN ON THE COB

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

There was a thread a few months back with lots of suggestions but can't remember when it was. 

I put mine in boiling water for two or three minutes. The fresher the better. Delicious.

@proudlyfromNJ

This is how I do it also.  I bring water to a boil, put the corn in and turn it off.  Leave in water 2-3 minutes.  I also like raw corn in salads.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

Hi @tends2dogs

I was going to answer your question about corn on the cob (microwave unshucked for 3 minutes)................noticed your Sheepie avatar (I think we've "talked" before)...........

We lost our beloved sheepie 1 week ago today ~ please hug your baby for me : (

@Irish1210  my heart aches for you!!  It is so hard......we love them so much.  I will smooch my Willie for you.  I know there is a big hole in your heart now.  I hope each day will bring happy memories to replace the tears. So sorry for your loss.

Thank you for posting your recipe.  I am going to use the microwave, but I already shucked it!  Aw, shucks, that sounds so easy!

"I've got an old church choir singing in my soul. There ain't nothing gonna steal my joy."
Honored Contributor

Add to boiling water with salt and boil 7 min.

My DH likes it cooked on the grill but I don't because so much of it is burned.

Esteemed Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

@tends2dogs    I'm sorry for your loss. We lost ours also. They are wonderful dogs.

@fluffysmom  It wasn't our dog that passed, but Irish1210.  Losing a beloved pet is SO hard.  I hope I don't go through that again for many, many years.  Our Willie is only 2 years old. 

I am sorry you lost your dog, too.  They don't live long enough.

"I've got an old church choir singing in my soul. There ain't nothing gonna steal my joy."
Honored Contributor

My favorite way to cook fresh corn is to cut it off the cob.  Melt butter in a skillet, add corn, sprinkle with smoked paprika and just heat through (1-2 minutes).  Add salt and pepper and serve.  

Trusted Contributor

@fluffysmom So sorry you lost your dog............I totally understand that hurt : (

They are so special to us ~ we hold on to the memories!

Trusted Contributor

@ tendstodogs Go to Amazon there is a corn cooker called international , and it's $7.67/ you can cook two ears in it. I have had one for over 20 years, and use it every year. 2 table spoon of water in each  well and cook 6 minues. You will be ahead in the long run. I bought mine from a gadget magazine but it' looks the same. In fact at the time I bought 6 of them, for Family and a friend, was about 9 dollars back then..

Honored Contributor

I use a pan with a lid.  I put an inch of water and the corn in.  bring it to a boil, turn the corn, put our on and then stove off.  Let it sit about ten minutes.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a silicone boat, fits one ear.

I add 1 tablespoon of water.

I cook it for 1 minute, maybe a few seconds more in the microwave.

I do not use anything in it.  I love its sugary goodness au natural.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

People who boil freshly picked corn on the cob for 10 minutes are used to eatting frozen corn on the cob that has no flavor is water logged.  NO! 5 minutes or less for freshly picked corn on the cob. You want to taste the freshness of the corn, not boil it to death.