Honored Contributor

Re: BEST WAY TO COOK CORN ON THE COB

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

There was a thread a few months back with lots of suggestions but can't remember when it was. 

I put mine in boiling water for two or three minutes. The fresher the better. Delicious.

@proudlyfromNJ

This is how I do it also.  I bring water to a boil, put the corn in and turn it off.  Leave in water 2-3 minutes.  I also like raw corn in salads.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

Hi @tends2dogs

I was going to answer your question about corn on the cob (microwave unshucked for 3 minutes)................noticed your Sheepie avatar (I think we've "talked" before)...........

We lost our beloved sheepie 1 week ago today ~ please hug your baby for me : (

@Irish1210  my heart aches for you!!  It is so hard......we love them so much.  I will smooch my Willie for you.  I know there is a big hole in your heart now.  I hope each day will bring happy memories to replace the tears. So sorry for your loss.

Thank you for posting your recipe.  I am going to use the microwave, but I already shucked it!  Aw, shucks, that sounds so easy!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Add to boiling water with salt and boil 7 min.

My DH likes it cooked on the grill but I don't because so much of it is burned.

Esteemed Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

@tends2dogs    I'm sorry for your loss. We lost ours also. They are wonderful dogs.

@fluffysmom  It wasn't our dog that passed, but Irish1210.  Losing a beloved pet is SO hard.  I hope I don't go through that again for many, many years.  Our Willie is only 2 years old. 

I am sorry you lost your dog, too.  They don't live long enough.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

My favorite way to cook fresh corn is to cut it off the cob.  Melt butter in a skillet, add corn, sprinkle with smoked paprika and just heat through (1-2 minutes).  Add salt and pepper and serve.  

Trusted Contributor

@fluffysmom So sorry you lost your dog............I totally understand that hurt : (

They are so special to us ~ we hold on to the memories!

Respected Contributor

@ tendstodogs Go to Amazon there is a corn cooker called international , and it's $7.67/ you can cook two ears in it. I have had one for over 20 years, and use it every year. 2 table spoon of water in each  well and cook 6 minues. You will be ahead in the long run. I bought mine from a gadget magazine but it' looks the same. In fact at the time I bought 6 of them, for Family and a friend, was about 9 dollars back then..

Honored Contributor

I use a pan with a lid.  I put an inch of water and the corn in.  bring it to a boil, turn the corn, put our on and then stove off.  Let it sit about ten minutes.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a silicone boat, fits one ear.

I add 1 tablespoon of water.

I cook it for 1 minute, maybe a few seconds more in the microwave.

I do not use anything in it.  I love its sugary goodness au natural.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

People who boil freshly picked corn on the cob for 10 minutes are used to eatting frozen corn on the cob that has no flavor is water logged.  NO! 5 minutes or less for freshly picked corn on the cob. You want to taste the freshness of the corn, not boil it to death.