Honored Contributor

Re: BEST WAY TO COOK CORN ON THE COB

I microwave it ... absolutely delicious!  I started doing it three summers ago.  Now, it's the only method I use.

Google microwave corn on cob for directions.  

Respected Contributor

Love cooking corn on the cob in the micro wave. Once I did this I never cooked on stove top again !

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I microwave it ... absolutely delicious!  I started doing it three summers ago.  Now, it's the only method I use.

Google microwave corn on cob for directions.  

@ALRATIBA  me too. No pot to wash and it does not heat up the kitchen.

Respected Contributor

@colover wrote:

Wrap it in Saran wrap, each piece indivually a d out in microwave for 3 minutes. I do 1 ear at a time. Was told about microwave cooking the corn about 3 years ago and that's the only way we do it. Boiling it takes the flavor out, I think but then I probably over boiled it.

@colover I wrap each one in wax paper. Put 4 at a time in for 5 mins.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@colover wrote:

Wrap it in Saran wrap, each piece indivually a d out in microwave for 3 minutes. I do 1 ear at a time. Was told about microwave cooking the corn about 3 years ago and that's the only way we do it. Boiling it takes the flavor out, I think but then I probably over boiled it.

@colover I wrap each one in wax paper. Put 4 at a time in for 5 mins.

@panda1234   @colover

I just trim the stem end and tip and nuke them with the leaves and silk.  When done - the leaves and silk just slip right off! 

Respected Contributor

I also cook my corn in the microwaves like many posters stated. But I wrap mine with paper towel.  Cook each ear (warrpped in paper towel) for 2 minutes. It turns out perfect every time.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

2 words Creamed Corn.

3 cups fresh or frozen corn

1/2 t salt

1/4 t pepper

1 T sugar

2 T butter

3/4 c water

1 T flour

1/4 c milk

Fry 3-4 pieces of bacon, remove bacon, leave the grease in the pan

Combine 3 cups corn with milk from the cob, salt, pepper, sugar, butter & water in bacon grease for 15 mins on medium heat stirring occasionally.

Combine milk & flour whisk until blended smooth.

Mix with corn mixture after cooking the 15 mins, cook 5 more mins, stirring constantly

Eat the bacon or sprinkle it on top of the corn when finished

YUM love creamed corn. I keep changing this recipe to get it exactly how I like it. DH told me to leave it alone it was good as is.

Honored Contributor

I HATE over cooked corn on the cob!   Corn can be eaten straight off the stalk; butter just melts easier when the corn is hot.  

Therefore my preference is no more than 3 minutes in the microwave, or boil water with sugar, drop corn in, turn off heat, cover and let sit at least 5 minutes.

Respected Contributor

Mircrowave! I usually do three, shucked ears of corn at a time for my hubby and me. I can't comment on doing more or less ears. I put them in a square, glass Pyrex dish, add maybe four or five tablespoons of water, then cover with Saran Wrap...but leave one corner pulled back a little...not completely sealed. I microwave them on high for six minutes...could probably get away with 5:45 or even 5:30. Just depends on how crisp you like them. Also, everyone's microwave is different so you might have to adjust your time up or down some. I know one thing, I'll never boil corn again! This method is easy and I'm lazy. Ha! BTW, I've wanted to try the microwave method where you leave the husk on the corn but as yet have not done so. It sounds interesting and even easier. 

HTH, @tends2dogs. Enjoy your sweet corn no matter how you prepare it! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Microwaving is the only way I've cooked corn since I first saw this video.  I don't know if a link to it would be permitted, so won't set it up here.  If interested, though, go to youtube.com and after the ".com" in the URL, type (or copy and paste):

/watch?v=RzYtMeIFH8o

This man's system works.  In fact, I cook extra corn every late Summer, cut it from the cob, freeze it in one or two ear quantities, then enjoy fresh tasting Summer corn all Winter.  

Edited to correct spacing.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.