Honored Contributor

BALSAMIC PASTA SALAD

[ Edited ]

This is the second try on this salad and with a few changes here it is.  Definitely a save for me. 

1/4 cup each olive oil and balsamic vinegar 
3 T fresh lemon juice
1 clove minced garlic

1 T Italian seasoning
1/4 t Kosher salt
1/4 t black pepper

1/2 pound farfalle pasta (bowtie)
7 oz block feta cheese, cut in small cubes
2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
1/4 cup slivered basil leaves

Whisk or shake first 7 ingredients together.

Cook pasta.

To a large bowl add warm pasta and pour dressing on.  Let sit for a few minutes for pasta to absorb some of the dressing.

Add rest of ingredients and toss.

The original recipe called for mozzarella pearls.  I tried them and the salad was not tasty so I switched for feta.  

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne   Yum !!!  🍽

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

I love feta, so have added this to my menu for next week.  Looking forward to it!   Thanks for sharing, @DiAnne .

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@DiAnne   Believe it or not, I finally got around to making your Balsamic Pasta Salad for tonight's dinner, following your recommendation for feta cheese. 

YOWSA!  By eye-balling measurements for a single serving, I ended up with a little extra dressing.  Nice problem.  I remedied that with a slice of garlic toast to soak up the good dressing in the bottom of the bowl.  I should have taken a picture of the finished bowl, because I swiped it clean.

Thank you for this one!  I have already passed it on to a family member.  

Esteemed Contributor
I make a similar salad...sometimes with rotini pasta shape. I also make a version using marinated artichokes to replace the basil (when its hard to get the fresh basil).
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG 

I am glad you like it!  I took a cooking class years ago from a local chef and she was the one that told us to not rinse pasta and to put the salad dressing on the warm pasta and let it soak in.  I have been doing this for years for pasta salad but this is first time I could see it work with the balsamic turning the pasta a different color.  

Respected Contributor

RE:  "...put the salad dressing on the warm pasta and let it soak in."

I do the same with any potato or bean recipe that calls for dressing.

Honored Contributor

I have never tried it on potato or bean salad.  I did not grow up eating potatoes except on holidays and I don't think I have ever had bean salad.