Respected Contributor

Re: BAKED HADDOCK TODAY!

[ Edited ]

I love haddock. Our fish fries in NY state used to be haddock. I finally splurged and bought some down here in NC.  Coated it with mayo, then panko and air fried it. So good!!!

I'm still trying to figure out how to cook salmon (from frozen) with a tasty topping that my BF likes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

I love haddock. Our fish fries in NY state used to be haddock. I finally splurged and bought some down here in NC.  Coated it with mayo, then panko and air fried it. So good!!!

I'm still trying to figure out how to cook salmon (from frozen) with a tasty topping that my BF likes. 

Yum!  I love mayo and so does Eddy.  Will have to try your recipe!

Maybe rubbing a Worcestshire/Teryaki mixture on the salmon might work?  But, I',m no Rachael Rae!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: BAKED HADDOCK TODAY!

[ Edited ]

@cindyNC wrote:

Growing up - for our birthdays my mother used to let us choose what she wanted us to make on that day.  My favorite every year was beer battered fish and real macaroni/cheese (no sprinkling of fake cheese powder over noodles for me)!  These days I usually get cod though.

ETA: these days it's too much of a hassle to fry the fish so I bake it with a tiny splash of white wine and tomatoes - if I really want battered fish I get it at a close restaurant.

Honored Contributor

Haddock has a pleasant flavor. It's often included on Friday night fish frys in the Midwest, but at home, I prefer baking it.

Honored Contributor

Never have cooked or eaten haddock --but I do love most fish. I bought some sea bass cheeks to cook---very pricey things about $15 /lb. You cook them like scallops---those are very, very pricey per pound--and good gravy---were they delicious!! Served with roasted veggies and rice with a butter lemon sauce---