Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Finally cool enough to turn on the oven!  I marinate these overnight. 

12 whole chicken wings
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 T Dijon mustard
2 cloves minced garlic
1 t fresh grated ginger

Cut chicken wings into three sections and discard tips or save in freezer for making broth.  In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients.  Set aside 1/4 cup for basting.  Place wings in a large plastic bag and pour marinade over.  Leave in fridge overnight.  Drain and discard marinade.  Place wings in shallow baking pan.  Bake uncovered at 375 for one hour.  Brush several times with reserved marinade during last 30 minutes.

Respected Contributor

These sound delicious! Perfect for fall.

Honored Contributor

Re: BAKED CHICKEN WINGS

[ Edited ]

Thank you. The recipe is similar to my Bourbon Chicken recipe. We like our wings crispy. I found a recipe online that makes them just that way in the oven without frying them.

Slow Roasted Chicken Wings

Total Time: 4 hours 30 minutes

I Cooked Ours 3 1/2 hrs.

Ingredients:

3 pounds chicken wings

1 tablespoon kosher salt

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 tablespoon paprika

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon ground cumin

Blue Cheese Dressing

Blue cheese, for dipping Hot sauce, for serving.

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 250°. In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and cumin.

2) Lay out wings on a few baking sheets with wire racks so they are suspended over the baking sheets. Sprinkle both sides with spice rub.

3) Bake wings for around 4 hours. Check the wings around 3 1/2 hours to make sure they aren't overcooking.

4) Serve wings immediately with blue cheese dressing and hot sauce if you want. They are great with nothing on them also though.

Rotate the wings on oven racks every hour or so as they bake just to make sure they are cooking evenly.

I turned the wings over one time when we cooked them.

The baking time will vary based on the size of your wings so if you have smaller ones you might want to check on them around three hours. For normal sized wings, I would try one out at 3 1/2 hours just to see how things are going.

You can serve these with blue cheese and a splash of hot sauce, but it’s also perfectly fine to just serve them naked.

Slow Roasted Chicken Wings.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Thank you. The recipe is similar to my Bourbon Chicken recipe. We like our wings crispy. I found a recipe online that makes them just that way in the oven without frying them.

Slow Roasted Chicken Wings

Total Time: 4 hours 30 minutes

I Cooked Ours 3 1/2 hrs.

Ingredients:

3 pounds chicken wings

1 tablespoon kosher salt

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 tablespoon paprika

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon ground cumin

Blue Cheese Dressing

Blue cheese, for dipping Hot sauce, for serving.

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 250°. In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and cumin.

2) Lay out wings on a few baking sheets with wire racks so they are suspended over the baking sheets. Sprinkle both sides with spice rub.

3) Bake wings for around 4 hours. Check the wings around 3 1/2 hours to make sure they aren't overcooking.

4) Serve wings immediately with blue cheese dressing and hot sauce if you want. They are great with nothing on them also though.

Rotate the wings on oven racks every hour or so as they bake just to make sure they are cooking evenly.

I turned the wings over one time when we cooked them.

The baking time will vary based on the size of your wings so if you have smaller ones you might want to check on them around three hours. For normal sized wings, I would try one out at 3 1/2 hours just to see how things are going.

You can serve these with blue cheese and a splash of hot sauce, but it’s also perfectly fine to just serve them naked.

Slow Roasted Chicken Wings.jpg

That sounds interesting.  If it ever gets cool enough here to turn on the oven for 3-1/2 hours I will give it a try!!

Honored Contributor

I make hot wings in the oven.I heat oven to 425 and place cut up wings in pan.sprinkle a little salt,garlic powder and cayenne.Bake for about 20 min turning once.When wings start to crisp I add franks red hot wing sauce to coat and bake turning every so often till done.We like ours to look kind of dry but the meat inside is still moist.This takes about 50 min in my oven.