Respected Contributor

Awesome Rhodes Cinnamon Roll Recipe!

[ Edited ]

I found this fabulous, quick and easy Cinnamon roll recipe using Rhodes frozen rolls.  Made them this morning and can't wait to serve these Thanksgiving morning!

9FC46120-420C-4E78-BF69-D962136A0DF8.jpeg

Rhodes frozen Cinnamon Rolls (12 to a pkg). 4-serving box of Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding, Stick of butter (1/2 cup), chopped walnuts optional. 

A86B8D84-A5C5-4886-AEDD-FDD3867F249A.jpeg

The night before, spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  Lay frozen rolls in a single layer.  Reserve icing pkgs.  Sprinkle the pudding mix over the rolls.  Pour melted butter over rolls, sprinkle with nuts if desired.  Cover pan with lightly sprayed plastic wrap Refrigerate overnight.

6BE93708-0C0C-4CD2-9999-65CE41CE7ECE.jpeg

The next morning, take them out of the frig for an hour or so allowing to double in size.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Frost with rolls and enjoy!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Awesome Rhodes Cinnamon Roll Recipe!

@BornToShop   I Googled, and found this.  Is it what you are referencing?

• 1 bag (36.5 oz) 12 frozen cinnamon rolls
  • 1 small box (3 oz) Vanilla Cook & Serve Pudding
  • 1 stick butter, melted

• Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
  • Lay the frozen cinnamon rolls into the pan.
  • Sprinkle the Cook & Serve powder over the frozen cinnamon rolls. DO NOT prepare the pudding mix first.
  • Drizzle the melted butter over the pudding mix/cinnamon rolls.
  • Cover with tin foil and place in the fridge overnight.
  • In the morning pull out the cinnamon rolls and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (about 1 hour). They should rise to the top of the baking dish.
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 20 minutes. Time may vary so start checking the rolls after 20 minutes. The tops will be a golden brown. Ice the cinnamon rolls while warm.

Blogger's Notes:  My kitchen is really cold in the mornings so I set the pan of cinnamon rolls on top of a heating pad on the low setting. Worked like a charm.

I put the icing bags (from the frozen cinnamon roll bag) into the fridge overnight so that they could thaw. In the morning I squeezed them into a Ziploc bag and cut a corner off the bag. This makes the nice icing lines. If that's what you prefer.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG  yes!  I just edited my post for clarifying instructions.  Hands down, the BEST ever!

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop That sounds so amazing and easy.  THANKS!!!!

Frequent Contributor

They also make the cinnamon rolls in the bag just like the rolls. They come with cream cheese icing.  They are wonderful. 

Valued Contributor

There was a poster here years ago (Linders Back) that had a similar recipe but it used butterscotch pudding and brown sugar and you did it in a bundt pan. I make it every Christmas.  No need for icing since it is like monkey bread with cinnamon gooey stuff throughout.  This recipes looks good too!  Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

That looks yummy and easy!  I didn’t know Rhodes sold frozen cinnamon roll dough. I make sticky pecan pull-apart rolls for Christmas brunch every year with Rhodes regular frozen rolls. My recipe uses butterscotch pudding and a mixture of butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and nuts.  It’s very good too. 

Honored Contributor

Looks great for a Sunday brunch/breakfast.

Thanks for posting @BornToShop 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds good, but I can't imagine what the pudding mix does?  Sounds like it would be dry and not incorporate into the dough.

Honored Contributor

Those look yummy. Have not had a cinnamon roll in I don't know when.

I have tried the monkey bread with butterscotch but it's way to sweet.