Respected Contributor

Awesome Easy Slow Cook Pork Roast =)

I've picked up a lot of recipes from you all, so here's a winner from me!! Hope ya get applause!

~~Happy, healthy New Year!~~

Awesome Easy Slow Cook Pork Roast

1 pork roast with a little fat on it (I use bone-in, but a boneless works too)-

note, don't use a tenderloin, not enough fat!

1 envelope of Lipton onion soup mix

1-2 cans cranberry sauce (can get on sale now!)

Put the roast in slow cooker (Don't need to sear first, that's the beauty)

Mix the soup with a 1/4 cup water, and add the cranberry sauce. Mix till homogenous and pour over the roast. If your roast is very large, may need a second can. Slow cook 8-10 hours, and it until tender. The taste is fabulous, and meat super moist and tender. Serve with potatoes, the sauce is great. If you're concerned about the MSG in the onioon soup, when I made it, it didn't bother anyone (and my DH is sensitive).

Respected Contributor

Re: Awesome Easy Slow Cook Pork Roast =)

It sounds Delish! Just wondering if it taste salty? (from the soup) Since we've gotten older DH and I seem to be more sensitive to the taste of salt.

I'd love to make it though.

Thanks, Starr

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

This sounds nummy. We need some new ideas around here, I'll tell you. Boring, boring winter cooking going on here. I broke my ankle, so DH has been doing cooking with my directions. I have to keep it simple, actually he's done pretty well.

Re above question about salt: Using any heavily salted addition means I just don't add the salt separately I normally would. That roast would absorb the salt in the soup nicely. Of course, you can't be on a no sodium diet.

Respected Contributor

As for the salt, I just wouldn't add any till I tasted it after it was done cooking. I would also add potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery. Those veggies, especially the roots, will absorb quite a lot of salt, so don't season until after you taste. I'm also inclined to toss in some garlic cloves or minced garlic. You can also use Vidalia onions or pearl onions. I'm not a big onion eater and have to have mine fully cooked to eat them otherwise I get horrible reflux/indigestion. I will see if roast is on sale this week. I may do this one.

My sister did the one with a stick of butter, a pack of au jue mix, and a pack of ranch dressing mix. It was tasty but less butter will be great. http://community.qvc.com/forums/kitchen/topic/476291/postid/10233522/re-ninja-cooker-mississippi-pot...

I think we will do a half stick next time. She used her 4qt pot and the less space made it cook quicker, but the veggies got crispy on the edges and were awesome!