Trusted Contributor

Never liked avocados and at my age, I guess I never will. There are plenty of other foods I do like, so I won't miss them.

Trusted Contributor

I like avocados either in homemade guacamole or sliced and added to a turkey or chicken breast sandwich.

I don't care to eat them by themselves, odd, I know! 

Honored Contributor

@Honeybit, Just happened to think.  If you want recipies, go to Recipies.com or All Recipies.  Each recipie has loads of detailed reviews.  I've found some fantastic things on both sites.

Honored Contributor

I loved avacados from the very first--use them often in guac and also in my smoothies when I have over ripe ones that are kind if stringy. Have seen them used in salad dressings,  ice cream or mousse which I haven't tried yet, but mostly I chop it up and put over salads and  mexican dishes and they are yummy mashed, on a good whole grain toast with a poached egg over top. Such a good fat for you too. Even saw them grilled on that show, Chopped, that I thought I would try too.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@HoneybitHow about grilled salmon on herbed spagetti noodles with sliced alvocado and sprinkled with Italian Dressing and fresh grated parmesian?

@Honeybit, Just happened to think.  If you want recipies, go to Recipies.com or All Recipies.  Each recipie has loads of detailed reviews.  I've found some fantastic things on both sites.

@ECBG   Thanks for thinking about me and posting the suggestions.  The spaghetti with Italian Dressing idea is intriguing.  I have looked at one of the Avocado Growers sites for ideas, but just seemed like nothing sounded as interesting as what the Recipe Swappers (like you) were posting here.  It's hard to beat the taste of fresh-sliced avocados on a plate by themselves!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl,Our home town grocery chain which has taken over this state as well as the next, makes the BEST guac!  I love it with Tostotos!

Esteemed Contributor

I've never liked them, for the flavor.  The texture works.

I would never just eat one - it has to be emulsified, and even then I find them a little "gaggy".  LOL

They remind me of beans!  I hate beans!  And beets!  Yuck!

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I like them on - burgers, turkey sandwiches, and for guacamole on my tostadas, soft tacos or fajitas.

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

To answer the latex question, I don't have an allergy to latex. The late-onset allergy to avacados also happened with mussels. My daughter developed the same problem recently...no more avocado or mussels for her either.

Trusted Contributor

I make guacamole with diced avocados.  Looked like baby do do first time I saw it mashed.