Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@IamMrsG, Thank you for posting this recipe. It sounds delicious, as Lola's recipes usually were wonderful. Do you know if she still posts here? I don't come over here much anymore. Thank you again. 

@Tissyanne @ you're right that @Lola has shared good recipes, so I, too, would like to see more participation from her.  She is among posters I've come to trust for quality.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

There is something about the name chopped salad that makes me not want to eat it, I don't know why.

I know that sounds completely ridiculous because just about every thing in a salad is chopped and I do eat salads.

It's funny you say that @CelticCrafter because I feel completely the other way.  As soon as I hear "chopped salad", I want it.  Before I even know what the ingredients are!  I've never had a chopped salad I didn't like!  (And, of course, it's completely ridiculous on my end as well!)

Esteemed Contributor

This salad sounds delicious to me @IamMrsG.  I'm so glad you posted it.  I'll probably use a bottled poppyseed dressing as I am somewhat lazy in the kitchen, but I'm sure it will be delicious just the same.  

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG

I had printed this out and forgotten all about it.  Thanks for reminding me.  

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

There is something about the name chopped salad that makes me not want to eat it, I don't know why.

I know that sounds completely ridiculous because just about every thing in a salad is chopped and I do eat salads.

@CelticCrafter, isn't it funny how something can just hit you the wrong way?

Many, many moons ago, back when I waitressed, the classic Cobb salad was the go-to choice for ladies who lunch. Smiley Happy

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG...I have a similar salad with a similar dressing.  My recipes calls for baby swiss cheese, and cashews, craisins, and apple.

The dressing is a little different by my calls for 'oil'....is grape seed oil better than vegetable oil or olive oil?

My dressing recipes calls for sugar and for some reason lately the sugar does not dissolve and I don't use near what the recipe calls for.  I will try your recipe next time I make the salad.

I fix my salad as a main dish....with dinner rolls.  My DH will eat a salad as a meal!

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  Your recipe sounds equally good -- I am going to add your variation as a footnote to my file for future use.

Like olive oil, grape seed oil has a high smoking point in cooking, and can be used as a substitute for olive oil unless flavor is a matter of importance to the dish. Grape seed oil has a much lighter flavor than olive oil.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG, thanks for that info.  I will pick up grape seed oil at the grocery this week....I want to try your dressing recipe because of the sugary issue I have been having, thanks!

Super Contributor

Compared to my hubby, yours eats a lot of veggies, lol. Mine only eats white potatoes and corn in the veggie dept.. That's it!!!! I too love veggies and could only eat them, although I do like meat, fish and poultry sometimes. 

He says he's not picky, just knows what he likes. He's a meat and tater type of guy, lol.

VickiWoman Very Happy