Esteemed Contributor

Attention Baxjaxmom - Margarita Recipe

It is just a little past half time in the SuperBowl and they have just resumed playing after the lights came back on there in NOLA. I wanted to let you know that I really like this recipe for margaritas! I just like lime margaritas. I find the other flavors too sweet for me and this recipe is a little tart, but it could be sweetened with a little simple syrup, or even a packet of your choice of sweetner. I won't be purchasing premade mixes or sweet and sour mix any longer; in fact the bottle I do have is going down the drain! Hope you enjoy if you decide to try it. Just a little warning; this is very strong. Please don't drink and drive. We need all our recipe swap people. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Easy Frozen Margaritas Recipe

Original recipe makes 8 6-ounce drinksChange Servings
  • <label><label><input id="ecxcbxIngredient" type="checkbox" /></label></label>

2 quarts ice cubes

1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate

12 fluid ounces tequila (measure with empty limeade can)

1/4 cup Cointreau

• Garnish:

margarita or kosher salt for the rims

lime slices cut in half

<h3>Directions</h3>
  1. Working in 2 batches, place 1 quart ice cubes in a blender. Add 1/2 can limeade, 6 ounces tequila and 2 tablespoons Cointreau. Blend at highest speed until drink is almost smooth. Pour into a pitcher and repeat with remaining ingredients. Store in the freezer.
  2. To salt the margarita glasses, pour a single layer of salt on a salad plate. Moisten each glass rim with lime; dip each rim in the salt. Pour margaritas into each glass; garnish with lime. Serve immediately

I believe I got this recipe from allrecipes.com.