Honored Contributor

Re: Asking for pasta add ins

You could always cube up salad vegies very small, toss with the pasta and some Italian salad dressing and serve as a cold salad with grated Parmesan cheese.

Esteemed Contributor

Olives, artichokes, asparagus, pearl tomatoes, scallions, feta

anything you like

Honored Contributor

My mother-in-law used to add cut-up  broccoli and some olive oil and garlic .... good either hot or cold.

Valued Contributor

@ScrapHappy 

OMG!! This looks so good! I love everything in this recipe! Thank you for posting it!

cookin

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

@ScrapHappy 

OMG!! This looks so good! I love everything in this recipe! Thank you for posting it!

cookin

You are so welcome.  It is very good and so, so easy to make.  There are many variations but  I found this to be the best.  I forget to mention that I crank up the heat to 450 sooner because it takes my oven a while to get to that temp.  Another recipe my daughter likes is Ree Drummonds Creamy Tomato Pasta recipe, just google it.

Respected Contributor

.  With Easter coming up, I'll do this one again with leftover ham..  It turned out to be a winner when I took it to a potluck ladies' luncheon last Fall. 

I believe the key was tossing the cooked, slightly chilled pasta and add-ins with Marie's Creamy  Italian Garlic  dressing.  If you hate garlic,  almost any other Marie's Dressing would work-- Ranch, Blue Cheese, Caesar, etc.

Try Marie’s Creamy Italian Garlic dressing.

PASTA SALAD 

Cook and chill  penne or shell pasta.

Cut ham (or chicken or some type of sausage) and mozzarella and parmesan cheeses into small cubes.

Add chopped green onion, multi-colored  mini or bell peppers,  frozen peas,  carrots, celery, cucumber, zucchini, whatever you have or  prefer.

Mix with dressing and refrigerate several hours or overnight.

Right before serving, toss with some additional dressing  and "decorate" with halved small tomatoes and/or rings of seeded, sliced mini peppers.