Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker, I'll reply if you don't mind since I have other recipes that have a crumble topping. Usually, you would use cold butter and mix it in with the other ingredients. That's what I did with this one, but honestly, I didn't think it really needed the topping since the bread has such a great flavor on its own. But - it did add an element of sweetness and crunch! The bread recipe is really good.

Trusted Contributor

@Jannabelle... I am so glad you like it, I grew up with this and cantalpoe bread. I love them both.

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 Thank you for the instructions which I will try.  And I agree, the bread was delicious. 

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker....So glad to hear you made this and more important that you liked it, Sorry about the mishap when baking it. You just use butter without melting it. When baking with buter or any cold item, I make sure it is at room temp. hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty Thank you for your response and your recipe.  That cantaloupe recipe sounds very interesting.  Can you share it with us.  Nice to see you on the boards again.  You've been missed!!!

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker.... Hi again dear. I posted this recipe a long time ago. But anyhow.....here ya go Smiley Happy Let me know if you try it.

Down-Under Cantaloupe Bread

3 eggs

1 cup oil

2 cups sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 cantaloupe...Or what will= 2 cups puree

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1 cup nuts

Beat eggs. Add oil, sugar and vanilla. Peel cantaloupe. Cut cantaloupe into chunks and put into blender. You need 2 cups of the puree. Add the 2 cups puree to the egg mixture. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 325* for 1 hour.

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty   Thank you so very much for writing the recipe for me.  When I mentioned Cantaloupe Bread my husband said, "cantaloupe, in a bread." I will definitely make it later this year when the melon is in season.  Right now they would taste like cardboard (IMO).  And when I do, I will post back to you via this board.  Thank you, again.  

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker...Hi dear. You are very welcome! LOL your husbands reaction was the same as many. This really is good though.Yes, please let me know if you make it.