2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. allspice
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Mix applesauce, sugar, oil, eggs, and milk.

Sift dry ingredients.
Stir into applesauce mixture, beat well. Fold in nuts and pour into loaf pan (greased + floured). Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter. Bake 1 hour at 350*.

Topping:
4 T. flour
2 T. butter
4 T. sugar
2 t. cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Respected Contributor

This sounds so delicious!  I just copied and pasted it onto my email.  Thank you for posting this.

Honored Contributor

This looks good and I'll bet it's moist.  Thank you!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have several jars of applesauce....I will definitely make this!  Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I love to make quick breads, so thanks for posting this recipe! Plannng to make it this week!

Trusted Contributor

Hi @LilBitMissty!

Thanks for sharing another of you goodies!  I have some unsweetened applesauce.  For this recipe, would I use the same 1 cup of sugar or would I need to add more to compensate for it being unsweetene?

Vabreeze

Trusted Contributor

You  all are very welcome for the post!

@Jannabelle...Hi dear. Let me know how it goes.

@vabreeze... Hi sweetie. It should be fine without adding extra sugar. My favorite is to eat it warm with butter.  Let me know if you make it. Good to "see" you dear.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilBitMissty, I made this quick bread today and it's delicious! Both hubby and I really like it - very moist and just enough spices for a great flavor. Thanks for posting it!

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty Made your recipe 2 days ago and it was delicious.  Very moist, very tasty.  I know I used the right size loaf pan, but did have a problem with some of the batter overflowing.  No big deal though.  I just let the "drippings" bake and was able to wipe it off the oven floor.  Thanks for posting.  

If I may ask one question -- I always have a problem making toppings for these types of breads.  Is the butter suppose to be melted (which I did) or softened and with the addition of the other ingredients, make a crumbly topping.  Hope I explained that right.

Respected Contributor

@vabreeze   I also used unsweetened applesauce and didn't add the full cup of sugar -- just a tad less than 1 cup.  DH said it was sweet enough.