Honored Contributor

Wonderful recipes... thank you for sharing. I want to try both .....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Thank you Chickebutt - it seems a lot simpler than ATK. I googled when looking for a pumpkin bread recipe and of course it called for many ingredients including a streusel topping. I didn't have cream cheese or buttermilk on hand so I was holding off.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, it was pretty simple - just mix together a few things, in the pan, in the oven, and done! Smiley Happy

I didn't put anything on top of mine but one could do that - a streusel or a glaze, or whatever. I like it just the way it is, though, because, like you, I don't like uber-sweet stuff. Smiley Happy

For this I had everything I needed readily available. I don't always have eggs on hand, but I happened to have two that needed to be used. I make my own pumpkin pie spice mix (super easy 3 or 4 ingredients and just store it in a lock & lock or spice bottle). Everything else was just regular stuff that people probably always have.

I did consider replacing the veg oil with sugar-free applesauce but I figured I'd make it pretty much per the recipe, the first time. Maybe next time. I usually do that for cake and bread type recipes.

Honored Contributor

I just made this and it is delicious. Thank you MarLoCat. My variation. I did increase granny smith apples by 1/2 cup as another poster suggested. I decrease the sugar to 3/4 cup. I made 1/2 the amount of topping. Yes if I did the full topping, extra delicious. But now I can have a bigger slice. Lol it was so good, I made another loaf to give away.

ETA 1 tsp cinnamon to apples as suggested