Trusted Contributor

Appetizer recipe for 6 qt Instant Pot

HI Foodies! I don't post very often and never have posted before on this subject so please bear with me, and help!

I'm attending a Potluck Instant Pot party (no pun intended) and we're all bringing our IPs and making our dishes at the host's home. I'm looking for an appetizer recipe for 8 people that has no dairy in it, and that has been more challenging than I expected.

do any of you have a recipe to recommend that's not overly complicated, and that maybe doesn't take more than an hour start to finish? I have the 6 qt IP Duo.

thank you in advance!

thats me

Honored Contributor

Re: Appetizer recipe for 6 qt Instant Pot

That is difficult. I wonder if The Blue Jean Chef's recipe for Pear-Cranberry Chutney could be used as an appetizer. It is online under her pressure cooker recipes. It contains shallots, pears, cranberries, apple cider and seasonings.
Honored Contributor

How fun! I’m just learning the ropes myself so I don’t know other than hard boiled eggs deviled eggs. 

Maybea Pinterest search? That’s where I tend to start. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes I understand Pinterest has a ton of IP stuff, but I don't have a Pinterest account. Maybe this is a good reason to get one. I've looked on Facebook but so far haven't seen anything. Thanks for the suggestion!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks! I looked at some Of her recipes but don't recall this one. I'll check again. Thank you!

Contributor

I don't have an Instant Pot, but is an "instant pot recipe" community facebook page, I think you have to enter which model you have in order to join.

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me wow it is tough to find an appetizer recipe without dairy but I did find these if you are interested:

https://www.skinnytaste.com/salisbury-steak-meatballs-instant-pot-stove-top-slow-cooker/

https://whatgreatgrandmaate.com/instant-pot-buffalo-chicken-meatballs/

There are some good/interesting appetizers at this site (you have to scroll down a bit to find them):

https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/instant-pot-party-food-recipes/

I love that you are having this party as I love my Instant Pot.  I hope you all have a fabulous and delicious time!

Respected Contributor

On the slow cooker function, 2 to 3 pounds of frozen meatballs of choice, 1 can cranberry jelly sauce and 1 bottle of chili sauce (from the BBQ sauce area, not the other chili).  Cook on low 4 to 6 hours or high for 2 to 3 stirring every hour or so. 

Honored Contributor

She's only given one hour to prepare the appetizer so that limits her. One I saw had 2 separate 10 minute cooking periods.
Honored Contributor

@Thats Me There are tons of blogs and chats about instant pot and lots of help.Just type it in search and you won't believe the stuff.One group calls themselves potheads.