Esteemed Contributor

Anyone make homemade creamer for coffee?

The kind you buy has so many nasty stuff in it, sure, it tastes good, but not healthy at all.  My daughter used to drink it alot, now she gets sick from it. So I was wondering how to make it good and healthy so thought maybe here someone has made it successfully.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone make homemade creamer for coffee?

[ Edited ]

I have a Soyabella that makes fresh almond milk....good to add to my tea/Pero.  I don't drink coffee, but it would be great as your creamer.  There are other ways to make almond milk, but this is the best for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, I have almond milk here, I was wondering what all I can add to it to make a good coffee creamer.  Maybe some stevia, some arrowroot for some thickener?  How much of all the ingredients etc. would be so helpful.

And it will be healthy!

Honored Contributor

I googled it.  Tons of ideas online.

Esteemed Contributor

I googled it first before coming here.  Lots of ideas, yes, but no recipe to go by.  I searched and searched, no ingredients, how much of this or that. That's why I came here just in case someone had a recipe.  

Valued Contributor

@gloriajean  You could try adding 1 cup of coconut milk or cream to the almond milk with 1 tsp of any flavored extract and blend up to creamy. My neighbor does this and it's good.

Respected Contributor

I just use regular half and half, none of that flavored stuff because I don't like my coffee sweet. 

Respected Contributor

Type in "homemade coffee creamers" into Pinterest.  Lots, and lots of recipes there!