Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone here still eat Beef Liver?

I am so thankful I'm not squemish!  I'll eat about anything except snails (tlhere is an incident in childhood I won't talk about).  There are so many wonderful foods that might be ofputting if you never tried them.  (Not snails!  Woman Surprised  Woman Embarassed  Woman LOL)

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

On Christmas Eve my Aunt would take chicken livers wrap bacon around them with a water chestnut and broil.  It was very good.  Pate is also very good.  I think it is what you grow up eating that makes a difference.  I for one would never slide an oyster down my throat but some people love them.

I think most people lilke chicken liver.  Nobody makes faces and shake when they see it.   I think it's more of the idea of a child animal (a calf) then an old steer.  Same reason people won't eat lamb, but will wolf down a hamburger. 

@songbird.  I don’t like any kind of liver, chicken or not. But I love fried oysters.

That's OK.  At least it's cook.  Raw oysters sliding down your throat  is something entirely different.

I never met an oyster I didn't like.  Fried, broiled, in stew or on the hoof. 

Esteemed Contributor

Mountain oysters, @Sooner ?  Pray tell!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Yes, as well as pork, chicken, and turkey liver.   I’ve eaten liver my entire life, and no one had to make me eat it, I just like it.   

Beef and pork liver is always dredged in seasoned flour, and cooked in hot bacon drippings.  Quickly seared on one side, flipped for about 2 minutes, sliced onions added as well as about 1/4 cup water, covered, then the heat is turned off for the liver to steam until done.   I could eat some right now!

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Mountain oysters, @Sooner ?  Pray tell!

@Sweetbay magnolia   Yes.  They were cut very thin and battered with cornmeal and fried very crispy.  Actually they were lamb fries but very tasty.  Close enough to count? Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Me - absolutely not.....DH - he loves it and cooks it for himself occasionally with onions galore! My dad and mom used to cook it when I was growing up. The only way I could eat the stuff was to smother it in barbeque sauce! I haven't had it since I was in junior high and refused to eat it any more. I abhor the taste and texture.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Yum!

Respected Contributor

Nope, just nope.  My mother died of liver cancer and my brother died from chirrosis of the liver.  That's what I see when I look at liver.

Respected Contributor

Still????  I've never tasted it and never will.  I don't do organ meats.   

Respected Contributor

Not even if you put a gun to my head.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~