Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone here still eat Beef Liver?

I love it.  My mother used to cook every once in a while, and I think it was beef liver.  I don't cook it myself.  In my area, there are a few family owned restaurants who serve liver and onions, and it is delicious.  I'll order it a few times a year.  And I love it with cole slaw.  Liver & onions, mashed potatoes, and cole slaw.  Yum.

Honored Contributor

On Christmas Eve my Aunt would take chicken livers wrap bacon around them with a water chestnut and broil.  It was very good.  Pate is also very good.  I think it is what you grow up eating that makes a difference.  I for one would never slide an oyster down my throat but some people love them.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

n/m

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I know.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My mom would make beef liver once in awhile. I hated it. I always will hate it. Just like one of the other posters here, I would often spit it into my napkin to hide it from my mother.

Chicken liver is a whole different story. Chopped chicken liver made into a pate is delicious. I’ll eat all I can. I make it myself or buy it. It tastes absolutely nothing like beef liver. It’s somewhat like foie gras, goose liver pate. 

When I visited Texas I learned they dredged the chicken livers in flour and sautéed them. They were delicious. I learned to make them myself. They don’t taste anything like beef liver. Wish I had the energy to make them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never did... Never will...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

On Christmas Eve my Aunt would take chicken livers wrap bacon around them with a water chestnut and broil.  It was very good.  Pate is also very good.  I think it is what you grow up eating that makes a difference.  I for one would never slide an oyster down my throat but some people love them.

I think most people lilke chicken liver.  Nobody makes faces and shake when they see it.   I think it's more of the idea of a child animal (a calf) then an old steer.  Same reason people won't eat lamb, but will wolf down a hamburger. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I think most people lilke chicken liver.  Nobody makes faces and shake when they see it.   I think it's more of the idea of a child animal (a calf) then an old steer.  Same reason people won't eat lamb, but will wolf down a hamburger. 

@songbird.  I don’t like any kind of liver, chicken or not. But I love fried oysters.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@songbird.  I don’t like any kind of liver, chicken or not. But I love fried oysters.

That's OK.  At least it's cook.  Raw oysters sliding down your throat  is something entirely different.

Respected Contributor

I just had some delicious liver and onions this week. I had not cooked or eaten liver in years. The restaurant used vidalia onions and they were really good (and I don't even like onions). There was no smell or order to the food. Thinking may have encountered some bad food and as for mints...I heard that Pur mints/gum are aspartame free.