Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Planning their Easter Menu Yet?

@IamMrsG 

Yes, hers was sturdy.  Lamb's face was more serene.  Some of the ones you see are kind of cutsey.  My grandmother preferred cooking to baking, and she was very particular about her food presentation.

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny   "Sturdy"  That is the very problem I have with Wilton's pan.  The lamb faces sideways (profile), and his neck is wobbly.  It takes skewers to stablilize it.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Allegheny   "Sturdy"  That is the very problem I have with Wilton's pan.  The lamb faces sideways (profile), and his neck is wobbly.  It takes skewers to stablilize it.  

I think my grandmother still had to use tooth picks to join her cakes.  Is your Wilton mold two pieces?  As her mold was two pieces, besides icing, the tooth picks were inserted to keep the cake together.  I was just checking the old molds out on e-Bay, very expensive.  Saw a rabbit one, and wondering how they would join the cakes together since it sat so high.  Thought may-be they were for candy, but it was described as a cake mold.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG   YES!  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

My usual pioneer woman 's English pea salad and ambrosia as well. Not sure what kind of cake to go with my son's homemade ice cream and strawberry frozen yogurt. He will do meat on the grill and veggies
"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Allegheny   Yes, my lamb is baked in two halves, then the layers are held together with icing (and skewers in the neck).  For those taller cakes, I suppose shish kabob sticks would work.  Wire cutters are good for cutting them without splinters.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:
My usual pioneer woman 's English pea salad and ambrosia as well. Not sure what kind of cake to go with my son's homemade ice cream and strawberry frozen yogurt. He will do meat on the grill and veggies

Just a thought here:  strawberry shortcakes with fresh whipped cream?  

Edited to add:  I forgot to ask:  would you please share the English pea salad over in the Recipes forum?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our Easter dinner is simple...but delish!

I'll be picking up a 5 lb boneless prime rib roast from our local butcher and we'll be using our Ronco Rotisserie. The only thing I will be making is a caesar salad. For dessert DH and I will be sharing a pkg of 2 double chocolate chip cookies by FatSnax.

DH and I have embraced a low carb lifestyle for our health Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Our Easter dinner is simple...but delish!

I'll be picking up a 5 lb prime rib roast from our local butcher and we'll be using our Ronco Rotisserie. The only thing I will be making is a caesar salad. For dessert DH and I will be sharing a pkg of 2 double chocolate chip cookies by FatSnax.

DH and I have embraced a low carb lifestyle for our health Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise 
Do you use a boneless or bone-in roast in the Ronco? I've only made the bone in one but haven't  used it in a couple of years. Your  menu reminded me that I have one!
"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

All 34 of us will be having Easter at my nephew's house.  I am bringing leg of lamb with oven roasted potatoes in lamb juice and a homemade dessert.

@Carmie 

Sounds delicious! Would you mind sharing your recipe for the leg of lamb and roasted potatoes in lamb juice. Would love to try this sometime.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran