Trusted Contributor

Anyone Have a Recipe for this Cookie?

Our local grocery store sells pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  It is a very soft cookie.  Anyone have a tried and true recipe for this cookie?  I know I could go on-line and find a recipe for these but I would prefer using one that someone has made themselves.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Occasional Contributor

Re: Anyone Have a Recipe for this Cookie?

Years ago I used to make a cookie like the one which you describe.  I got it from Libby’s pumpkin cookbook.  I used to add chocolate chips and nuts.  I’d wrap them up and give them to trick-or-treaters that were friends of the family.

Libby  may not  have the cookbook in print any more, but perhaps the recipe could be found on their website.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • Decorator icings (optional)
DETAILS

Servings 40

PREPARATION
STEP 1

Mix flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, eggs and extract: mix well. Gradually add flour mixture: mix well. Stir in nuts and raisins.

Drop 1/4 cup dough onto greased baking sheet; spread into 3-inch circle. Repeat with remaining dough.

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes: remove to wire racks ..Makes 40 large cookies.

I like them a little crisp on the edges, but soft in middle.  I love it when the walnuts get toasted on edges!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

INGREDIENTS

• 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
  • 1 3/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3 1/2 sticks butter, softened ( I use unsalated organic)
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups packed packed brown sugar
  • 1 can (15 oz.) Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups chopped walnuts
  • 1 1/3 cups raisind, i mix golden and dark 
  •  
  • Hi wismiss,,!!   These are pretty good.  They are from Libbys   I love the chewy of the raisins, and crunch of walnuts.  They are like eating pumpkin bread.  sorry this is in 2 parts, I had trouble posting it.  I ise organic ingredients, and i get the oats at trader joes, they are old fashioned but the cook in 5 mins on stove if you are making oatmeal  just t let you know te kind of oats the are. 

• also, I have not made htese in a few hears, I hope the the cans are still 15 oz!  Better check, they ate alwaays shorting the cans these days.  
Respected Contributor

@wismiss 

There is a recipe for this cookie featured on delish dot com right now.  I am not posting a link as I do not know if it is allowed.

Looks like a good recipe but I have not tried it.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This recipe from my church's cookbook makes a somewhat puffy cookie:

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup oil

15-oz can pumpkin puree

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

2 1/2 cups flour

1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves)

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

2 cups chocolate chips

Mix sugar, brown sugar, oil, pumpkin, and vanilla with electric mixer in big bowl until smooth.  Mix in egg.

In separate bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and soda, and salt.

Gently mix flour mixture into pumpkin mixture, leaving a few streaks of flour visible. 

Mix in chocolate chips.

Drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheet.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

There was a recipe for this cookie on the back of the Libby's 15 oz. can of pumpkin that I used last week. Unfortunately I didn't write down the recipe, but I'm sure it's on their website.

BTW - I was in my local grocer today and they had a display of Libby's canned pumpkin @ $2.39 per 15 oz. can....also, a limit of 3 cans per customer because of "a shortage".

Honored Contributor

From a friend who is an excellent baker:

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
½ c. butter
1 ½ c. sugar
1 egg
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
2 ½ c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. chocolate chips
½ c diced roasted almonds (optional)

Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips and, if desired, almonds.

Drop by teaspoons onto well-greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes about 6 dozen.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you to all who responded.  I'll have to try the different recipes.  They all sound wonderful.  I love pumpkin because anything made with it is so moist and tastes so good.  Thank you for taking your time to post.

wismiss

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta