Honored Contributor

I just printed out a recipe for baked apple cider doughnuts yesterday.  She reduces the cider for more flavor.

Even though I eat low carb, at certain times you may want to indulge a little. I haven't decided whether to make these yet.

sallysbakingaddiction DOT com/baked-apple-cider-donuts

Baked apple cider donuts coated in buttery apple cinnamon spice! Easy and quick baked donuts recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Those donuts are VERY TEMPTING, @GingerPeach !

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  I only knew about donuts being fried. My Aunt years ago made minature donuts and then iced them and added coconut, sparkles, powder sugar, etc.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@eddyandme  I only knew about donuts being fried. My Aunt years ago made minature donuts and then iced them and added coconut, sparkles, powder sugar, etc.

Me too! @Katcat1 , it's probably sacreligious to bake donuts!  But, I can eat more is they're baked!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I purchased a box of apple cider pancake mix but haven't made them yet. Those donuts looks scrumptious.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

I just noticed on the susanbranch DOT com blog she describes how she makes cider doughnuts, too.  There ar many photos, and all her charming artwork, too.  

The doughnuts and all the pictures are about 9/10 of the way down the page. The recipe seems similar to the one I posted a link to earlier.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx, @GingerPeach , I'll check out that site!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

I made the apple cider doughnuts today, in mini size (not from Susan Branch's recipe but the other one).

Because I only have one pan, I let the last half of the batter sit until the first batch was done.

Just in case you end up doing that, be aware the batter gets kind of gluey and is really, really hard to squeeze through the piping tube for the last half.  The first half was pretty easy.

I thought I'd give you a heads-up.

I think they could have used more spice. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @GingerPeach .  

I'm holding off 'til Friday - getting really cold, snowy and icy this weekend - so plan on making the Easy Italian Sausage Soup that was posted here along with the nice warm donuts!!!!!

Thanks for the tip - increase spices and reduce recipe size.  I can always share a batch with a neighbor!

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

I should have held off on my post until today.

Now that they're one day older, I no longer think they need more spice.  But I'll leave that to your own judgment.

Today they taste quite a bit like Ina Garten's spicy hermit bars.  Those are wonderful, not to mention easier to prepare.