Esteemed Contributor

IamMrsG provided a pumpkin muffin recipe that really sounds good!  and about my baking level,.two ingredientsWoman Wink.

So, I've just gotten a couple donut-mold pans and since I'm craving donuts, was wondering how much time adjustment should be made in the baking time compared to baking cupcakes.

Would appreciate your advice.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't waste my time trying to use those donut pans.  I made one of the most colossal messes of my long baking career with those pans.  The whole disaster went into the trash, including $6. worth of blueberries.

I'd stick to the muffin instructions.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@eddyandmeYes I've baked donuts before, they are pretty good, but the texture is different than a fried donut,  but of course I haven't met a donut I didn't like.  As with all donuts they are best warm.  I think you will totally enjoy them!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@eddyandmeYes I've baked donuts before, they are pretty good, but the texture is different than a fried donut,  but of course I haven't met a donut I didn't like.  As with all donuts they are best warm.  I think you will totally enjoy them!!!!!!

@hayseed00, yes, I too, never met a donut I didn't like!  Figured baked will be less fattening that deep-fried.

How long do you bake them?  Thanx.

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandmeI bake them around ten minutes.  If you put the batter in a pastry bag or ziplock and cut the end off it's a lot easier to put the batter in the donut forms.  Just fill a little over have full.  Cool a few minutes before removing from pan.

Honored Contributor

My mother used to make these pumpkin doughnuts every autumn.  The recipe card says it is from a King Arthur's Flour cookbook:

1/2 cup vegetable oil

3 eggs

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin

3/4 tsp cinnamon

1/3 tsp nutmeg

1/3 tsp ground ginger

1 1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp flour

Beat oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking powder with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in flour until just smooth.  Fill each PAM-sprayed doughnut pan section 3/4 full.  Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees.  Test with cake tester for doneness.

Let sit in baking pan for 5 minutes when done.  Loosen edges and cool on rack.

She used to gently shake them in a Ziploc bag with some cinnamon sugar while still warm.

Esteemed Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@eddyandmeI bake them around ten minutes.  If you put the batter in a pastry bag or ziplock and cut the end off it's a lot easier to put the batter in the donut forms.  Just fill a little over have full.  Cool a few minutes before removing from pan.

Thanx, @hayseed00 .  Also, thanx for the ziplock tip!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx, @deepwaterdotter  - love King Arthur stuff - will try that recipe.

You really got me with the cinnamon sugar,,,,,YUM!

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme  I agree with @Kachina624 . Don't use the two ingredient recipe in the doughnut pans. Use a muffin pan, because the result is very moist and tender. There are plenty of baked doughnut recipes out there to try. It's easy, but a little tedious, because you have to spoon the batter into those little circles. I bought doughnut pans a few years ago and made a few doughnuts for fun, but we are a low carb family, so I gave the pans to my DD. She has two growing boys.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@eddyandme  I agree with @Kachina624 . Don't use the two ingredient recipe in the doughnut pans. Use a muffin pan, because the result is very moist and tender. There are plenty of baked doughnut recipes out there to try. It's easy, but a little tedious, because you have to spoon the batter into those little circles. I bought doughnut pans a few years ago and made a few doughnuts for fun, but we are a low carb family, so I gave the pans to my DD. She has two growing boys.

Thanx. @PA Mom-mom 

Think I'll make the recipe from @deepwaterdotter  which is a donut recipe and sounds yummy, too.