Honored Contributor

Re: Any really good spaghetti sauce recipes you'd recommend?

@HappyDaze. Amazon is probably your best bet. Or kerp checking where you've been for a new shipment to arrive.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I recently found Emerill Lagasse (sp) roasted garlic and really like it. It isn't a red sauce.  I also like Tallirico's sauce and budget consious Bertoli.

Regular Contributor

I found a really good spaghetti sauce recipe on margaretsmorsels.blogspot.com that my whole family loves.  It's made in the crock pot so it's super easy!

Spaghetti Sauce
4 Servings

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (12 oz.) can tomato paste
1 (1.5 oz.) envelope Italian style spaghetti sauce mix
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. crushed oregano
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 (8 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces, liquid drained and reserved
reserved mushroom liquid and enough water to make 1 1/2 cups

Cook and stir the ground beef and onion in a large pan until the meat is brown and the onion is tender; drain. Combine the meat and onion with the remaining ingredients. Cook in a crock-pot for 3 to 4 hours on high, or 6 hours on low until the sauce is heated through. Serve over hot spaghetti. Recipe can be doubled. Leftover sauce can be frozen.

Esteemed Contributor

1 can Tutorosa Tomato Puree

1 can Stewed Tomatoes, Italian style (we get Wegmans)

Rinse cans w/ water (about 2 oz). Add uncooked/unbrowned meatballs, or ground beef, or beef cubes. Add extra seasoning*. Cook for 3 hours or so on med-low heat, stirring occasionally.

*my personal sauce seasoning: a little cumin** -- for its antioxidants; oregano, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, hot pepper flakes; and a little coriander, sweet basil & tarragon -- to mellow things out.

**A great place to use it, since this is such a potent spice.