Respected Contributor

Re: Any ideas for one pot dinner

Chicken scarpariello. Chicken tenders, Italian sausage, hot cherry peppers, optional sliced potatoes. Sauce is chicken stock, white wine. Season as needed. Easy and delish. A little rosemary is nice in there too. 

Honored Contributor

Put them in a crock pot with some seasonings and you have a meal. An actual recipe isn't needed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have saved many different recipes for smoked sausage, potatoes and various vegetables.

Generally, they suggest such possible additions as cream of celery soup + water, 1/4 cup pimientos, half-and-half cream, shredded Swiss or cheddar, dry mustard, a little caraway seed, a mix of  unsweetened apple sauce+brown sugar+sliced onions.

I love the little  baby gold potatoes for this type of meal.  Just the right size and texture, when cut in half, to cook quickly on a roasting pan or in a slow-cooked casserole.

Peeling and slicing potatoes is for the birds, as far as I'm  concerned.

Respected Contributor

I've made several versions of Brunswick Stew that call for using multiple types of meat  over the years, but if you google "Chicken and Smoked Sausage Brunswick Stew"  or simply look for smoked sausage stews, you will find many that might work for you.

I think the idea of using chicken with the sausage sounds really good for a fall/winter type of meal.