Respected Contributor

Any awsome grouper recipes??

I've got the best fish market, that gets local catches daily.  So today, I've purchased red snapper, cod, and grouper.

Typically, I do a beer batter, or a blackened on grouper.  I'd love other suggestions ...please share...thanks!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any awsome grouper recipes??

Grouper Picatta

(Works well with any solid white fish. Best if the meat is skinless and boneless)

Ingredients:
12-16 oz. fish fillets 3/4 to 1 inch thick
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. dry white wine (chardonnay or pino gris)
Juice of 2 lemons (or 1/3 cup - key lime juice works well, too)
3 toes garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
1-2 Tbsp. small capers, drained
3 Tbsp. butter
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, including an oven safe, non-stick skillet large enough to accept the fillets in a single layer. Oil it lightly, or spray with Pam.

Season the flour with salt and pepper and dust the fillets in the flour. Don't shake the xs off too vigorously.

In a hot, non-stick skillet, sauté the fish briefly in oil, browning each side for a minute or so, (chicken will take a little longer) then place, uncovered, in the hot skillet in the preheated oven .  (Time in the oven should be 4-7 minutes, depending upon the thickness and type of the meat.

While baking the fish add a little butter to the skillet in which you browned the fish, and sauté the garlic briefly to soften it. Do not brown it. Then add the, wine and juice.  On fairly high heat, simmer, scraping the loose particles from the skillet. Add the capers and reduce the sauce by two thirds. If still a little thin, add a little flour (Wondra works best). Add the butter and whisk in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve over the fish, now fully cooked, from the oven, with parsley garnish.

This recipe works well with chicken breasts also!

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin

You are SO lucky to have fresh fish available to you!!!

From Wegmans.com

Mediterranean Cod with Zucch Noodles

I made this recently with Sea Bass I ordered from the Q.  I think any white fish would do also!

It was one of the best meals I have eaten in a long time!  LOL

https://www.wegmans.com/meals-recipes/meals/meals/mediterranean-cod-with-zucchini-noodles.html

Honored Contributor

@Zhills

You always post such wonderful recipes!  Thank you!

Duh, Chicken Picatta...why not fish?

I am going to make it w/ my QVC Sea Bass!!

Respected Contributor

Zhills...sounds delish, and similar to Francese. Thank you so much!
Esteemed Contributor

I have use this recipe to "Picatta" several different meats and seafood.  Always good!  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Zhills...I MADE THE FISH!!! WONDERFUL😚😁 I made a little linguine for me, topped with garlic ,oil, and fresh parsley...then got some of sauce in your recipe on it. Baked potato for hubby. Veggie was sauteed garlic and spinach, with a dash of fig balsamic, and yummy goat cheese.
Thanks soooo much!!
Esteemed Contributor

You are welcome.  So glad you enjoyed it.  Your dinner sounds scrumptuous!

Respected Contributor

Zhills...I forgot to mention, I kept going over your recipe thinking I was supposed to dip the fish in egg after flour. Anyway...I obeyed, and didn't use egg....it crisped up beautifully without it😊