Honored Contributor

Another Slow Cooker "Dump Dinner"

I like cool weather cooking!   Dump everything in the crock pot and let it cook!   And - I have enough leftovers!

Normally, I'll cook my kielbasa in sauerkraut and beer - but out of beer - so I'm substituting apples.  I also have some apple sauce that I might add later if I need a bit of "sweet."

Kiellbasa (cut in 1/2" pieces)

Potatoes cut up

Onions cut up

Bag of kale and cabbage (green and red) and carrots - salad mix - already cut up - no waste - just open, rinse and add to pot!

Can of sauerkraut

A few apples cut up

Some garlic

A cup of vegetable bouillon

Be done in about 4 hours.

Honored Contributor

Re: Another Slow Cooker "Dump Dinner"

I didn't use a slow cooker, but I just threw things in my cast iron pot. I sautéed green peppers, onion and garlic, then added a cut up chicken breast that I pre cooked, some Italian chicken sausage and mushrooms. The sauce was canned tomatoes, chicken broth, and 1/2 cup of Rao's to bump up the flavor. It was great over pasta, but rice or potatoes would work as well.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I didn't use a slow cooker, but I just threw things in my cast iron pot. I sautéed green peppers, onion and garlic, then added a cut up chicken breast that I pre cooked, some Italian chicken sausage and mushrooms. The sauce was canned tomatoes, chicken broth, and 1/2 cup of Rao's to bump up the flavor. It was great over pasta, but rice or potatoes would work as well.

@QVCkitty1 

Sounds Tasty!  Going to try that combo!

That's what I did before I got the slow cooker.  I don't have to watch this as closely as something on the stove.  Plus - I use a liner so that's no issue with clean up.

Honored Contributor

The aroma coming from the kitchen is "delicious."

Went out to check - all the juices have been released from the veggies.  Too soon for a taste test.  

----------------------------------------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I like cool weather cooking!   Dump everything in the crock pot and let it cook!   And - I have enough leftovers!

Normally, I'll cook my kielbasa in sauerkraut and beer - but out of beer - so I'm substituting apples.  I also have some apple sauce that I might add later if I need a bit of "sweet."

Kiellbasa (cut in 1/2" pieces)

Potatoes cut up

Onions cut up

Bag of kale and cabbage (green and red) and carrots - salad mix - already cut up - no waste - just open, rinse and add to pot!

Can of sauerkraut

A few apples cut up

Some garlic

A cup of vegetable bouillon

Be done in about 4 hours.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Sounds Tasty!  Going to try that combo!

That's what I did before I got the slow cooker.  I don't have to watch this as closely as something on the stove.  Plus - I use a liner so that's no issue with clean up.

@ALRATIBA @It's a great combination, I hope you enjoy it. I don't own a slow cooker, but I do have that function on my pressure cooker. The thing is I just don't use gadgets, but I'm glad they work for you. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan