Regular Contributor

Another Pork Discussion - Yummy Pork Cube Steak

Sometimes we're a little behind times up here, and maybe you have seen these in the meat dept. of your stores, but I recently found Pork Cube Steak in a chain grocery store in our area. (Fred Meyer - a West coast & AK outfit). They were 2 in a package and are kind of square like, and the price was about $1.85 to $2.00 for the package, or less than a dollar each. They were much bigger and thicker than a deck of cards. The size is perfect.

I breaded them (plain cracker meal) because we just love breaded chops, and I'm here to tell you, they were absolutely to die for!! I will never bread bone-in chops again. They (the cube steaks) may cost more a pound, but bones are waste and there is none for these. For all accounts and purposes, they end up being cheaper. They were moist and they had for lack of a better description, an incredible pure wonderful pork taste. They cook up fast too. And talk about tender! I have never seen them before.....they were just in their own little area mixed in with the regular pork chops. If you like breaded chops too and ever find them in your store, don't hesitate to buy them. They're quick and easy and very very yum!!! A.M.