QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC posting active link to sale.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Amish Friendship Bread

[ Edited ]

tiny 2....Waving back at ya Heart  Good to see ya sweetie! Hope all is well with you! Heart

Trusted Contributor

Three meezers.....hi again....I don't know if you saw my post or not as you didn't respond....

I can tell you one thing from experience.  IF you HAVEN'T done ANYTHING with your starter, you should throw it out. It will not turn out right. You have to be adding to it during the 10 day process.  I grew up with relatives who make friendship breads. I had posted my DM's starter and her recipe for the friendship bread. Her recipe is really good, I have her recipe for friendship fruit cake as well,,,another good recipe Smiley Happy

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because you can purchase items via the link.

Trusted Contributor

Sigh..........   was just trying to help you. I HAVE been through this before. Sorry to bother your post.  

Spoiler
Woman Sad
Valued Contributor

Re: Amish Friendship Bread

[ Edited ]

Hey LBM, Iv missed you girl, Hey iv made  your amish bread its amazing GF!!! I love all your directions so simple,,,its helped me out so much when i was in a pinch!!!

yeah throw it out if if you let it set!! Im so glad to see you on here a veteran of these boards from when it first started...:Smiley Happy)) I just love your recipes!

Did you ever write that cook book? are you still in the process??  I make so many of your recipes!!!  nice aseeing you  @)-)-    You have so many recipes on here i could cook for monthes!!  please dont ever stopp posting Dont be a stranger!!

Hey remember when David ventable used one on your recipes as recipe of the month or something..it was a salad...that was way to cool you were a celeb on here!!  ")))  it was cool that something like that could happen on our little board at the time...

Frequent Contributor
Thanks LBM I didn't do anything with the starter. Today is day 10 and I think I'll throw it out. It is soooo good though!'
Trusted Contributor

@Britbrit13 wrote:

Hey LBM, Iv missed you girl, Hey iv made  your amish bread its amazing GF!!! I love all your directions so simple,,,its helped me out so much when i was in a pinch!!!

yeah throw it out if if you let it set!! Im so glad to see you on here a veteran of these boards from when it first started...:Smiley Happy)) I just love your recipes!

@Did you ever write that cook book? are you still in the process??  I make so many of your recipes!!!  nice aseeing you  @)-)-    You have so many recipes on here i could cook for monthes!!  please dont ever stopp posting Dont be a stranger!!

Hey remember when David ventable used one on your recipes as recipe of the month or something..it was a salad...that was way to cool you were a celeb on here!!  ")))  it was cool that something like that could happen on our little board at the time...

@Britbrit13

So good to see you posting again.  I had only recently asked Lilbit about you.  While we don't know each other, I remember you used to post a lot.. It was you who posted a recipe for mulligatawny soup and I have made it several times-- love it!  tzske csre snd hope you stay connected to this forum

New Contributor

Does anyone have the Banana Bread recipe that has the cinnamon/sugar on top?  I think the person who posted it a few years ago was Tiny ???

Trusted Contributor

@midge39

Maybe this is the one you're looking for?  It was originally posted by TiesThatBind and is one of the all-time-favorite Banana Breads posted here.

fuzzbe2000 posted 03/18/2010

Here's one that is really good!  Many of us here on Recipe Swap have tried it.  This was originally posted by ties that bind .................Penny

Banana Sour Cream Bread

....... you're probably thinking, 'Oh no! Another banana bread recipe!'  But this one is a little different: the sour cream makes this one so moist it melts in your mouth. The flavor is just wonderful! This one is great for gift giving and holidays. Loaves freeze well.

1/4 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3/4 cup butter

3 cups white sugar

3 eggs

6 very ripe bananas, mashed

1 (16 ounce) container sour cream

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 teaspoons baking soda

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F . Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture. In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans. Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

fuzzbe2000 posted 03/18/2010

On 3/18/2010 LotusLvr said:

Fuzz......that sounds really good....but, is the sugar amounts correct? You have it listed twice......1/4 cup then 3 cups...... sounds like a lot of sugar?

Yes, that is right.  The 1/4 C of sugar is mixed with the cinnamon and used for dusting.  I see that Chicagoan agrees with me (and many others) as to how good this is.  My biggest problem is getting the bananas to ripen fast.  Any tips?  I've tried leaving them in a paper bag.............didn't work!

Penny