Honored Contributor

Re: Almost Cabbage Roll Casserole

I know it will be good because I haven't had a dud from LBM.

Honored Contributor

I fixed this recipe last night....very good....thanks LBM.  However, I recommend a larger casserole dish.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi friends!  For those who have tried this and left such sweet comments, I am so happy to hear that you liked it!  Thank you so much for your feedback! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty I have this in the oven now.  I put the meat and onions, etc. except for the rice in a zip lock bag and smushed them in that to mix it up.

I mixed up the tomato sauce mixture in a pyrex bowl, and also put the chopped cabbage in a bag.

I did all that last night.  This morning, I put the cabbage in from the bag, added the rice to the meat and sort of patted it in and formed the meat to the size of the casserole, flattened in the bag.

I took a wooden spoon handle and mashed the meat into two pieces still in the bag so it was easy to divide them over the cabbage FROM THE BAG without touching the meat.

SO, before church I can put everything together with no mess, no messy hands and it is all good.

I was thinking it would be easy to freeze the meat mixture like this, flattened with seasoning, for so many dishes.

Thanks again for all who posted!