Trusted Contributor

Re: Alfredo Shrimp Scampi Dump Dinner

@Chi-town girl Thank you so much for posting! I can't wait to make it!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

@Chi-town girl can you use frozen cooked shrimp or would the shrimp get overcooked in the oven?

@ninjawife - yes, I think using cooked shrimp for this recipe would result in over cooked rubbery shrimp

We usually buy the unpeeled raw frozen shrimp bc they work best for homemade shrimp cocktail - I have a fabulous easy recipe if anyone is interested. We also use the unpeeled shrimp for grilling/kabobs. 

Have all the ingredients for this alfredo recipe, but the frozen shrimp is unpeeled and I want to use on hand ingredients instead of buying another bag of shrimp. I think the unpeeled shrimp would be messy for this recipe, so I'm going to let the bag defrost a bit - that will allow me to peel the shrimp.

Since I didn't get a chance to make the corned beef dinner this past week, I'm making it tomorrow for Sunday dinner. Will make this shrimp Alfredo recipe next weekend

Hooe everyone has a GREAT weekend and good eating 😋

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl Would love the homemade shrimp cocktail recipe! Please post it when you get a chance. Have a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

@kathie66 wrote:

@Chi-town girl Would love the homemade shrimp cocktail recipe! Please post it when you get a chance. Have a great weekend.

@kathie66 - see the new thread I just posted for the shrimp cocktail recipe. I usually just use bottled cocktail sauce. For brunch/appetizers, I serve it in individual portion martini glasses. Make sure to have lemons! So good 😋

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/How-to-Make-a-Perfect-Shrimp-Cocktail/m-p/7399012#M158139

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl Thank you so much!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I made this tonight, no cream, and just a bit of parm because hubby doesn't eat dairy-  And it was a HOMERUN!!  No cream needed! 
I had very large shrimp and let it go in the oven an extra 7 minutes (no foil) to crisp the top and reduce the broth-

Just great!! Pasta had a great texture, not mushy at all- Thank you sooo much @Chi-town girl 

Honored Contributor

I am going to make this tonight.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I made this tonight, no cream, and just a bit of parm because hubby doesn't eat dairy-  And it was a HOMERUN!!  No cream ended!  
I had very large shrimp and let it go in the oven an extra 7 minutes (no foil) to crisp the top and reduce the broth-

Just great!! Pasta had a great texture, not mushy at all- Thank you sooo much @Chi-town girl 

@Skyegirl21 - YAY!!! Thank you for your review. Omitting the cream reduces the calories. Was it saucy? Did you feel it needed anything extra? Could always add a splash of chicken stock and butter if needed

Respected Contributor

Hi @Chi-town girl ,  I think without the cream, it was more like a typical scampi sauce (which isn't creamy)- I added extra fresh garlic and definitely used a peeler to get some lemon peel, which really adds a lot!  I also added a spice mix I have no-salt, lemon dill, and a dash of garlic salt.  Made sure my stock I used ( from concentrate) wasn't over salty. 
But it was awesome flavor and texture of the shrimp and pasta- 

And the beauty was that I put it together early, because I got called to a work meeting. So hubby threw it in the oven, and bam, dinner! 💝💝👏🏼👏🏼👍🏼😎

Frequent Contributor

My bag of shrimp states you must thaw first before using, so how long would one bake when the shrimp is thawed?. This recipe seems easy and delious, thank you for posting.