Honored Contributor

Alfredo Shrimp Scampi Dump Dinner

Just dump a box of pasta, bag of shrimp and a few other pantry staples into a dish and bake. Right before serving, stir in the heavy cream and top with grated cheese and fresh parsley for a rich and creamy weeknight dinner in a flash.

Ingredients

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, plus more for the casserole dish

12 ounces rotini pasta

1 pound frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp 

2 cups chicken broth

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

2 cloves garlic, minced

Zest of 1/2 lemon

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

1/2 cup grated Parmesan 

1/3 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, chopped 

1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Generously grease the bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish with butter.
  2. Spread the rotini in an even layer in the bottom of the prepared dish. Scatter the shrimp over top and dot with the cubes of butter. Pour in the broth, then sprinkle with the red pepper flakes, garlic, lemon zest, 2 teaspoons salt and some black pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the pasta is al dente, about 25 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss together the Parmesan and parsley. When the pasta is done, stir in the warm cream and top with the cheese mixture.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Re: Alfredo Shrimp Scampi Dump Dinner

Thanks for the recipe. It really sounds good! Have you made it? I was wondering if (assume put shrimp in frozen????) it is at all watery----if frozen shrimp are used.

Thanks again and I'm going to try it. I love simple recipes like this.

Honored Contributor

Looks great!!!

Valued Contributor

To Chi-Town Girl or others------I'm trying to determine if the shrimp are used in their frozen state and if so----does it make the dish too watery?

Honored Contributor

Sounds and looks yummy.  I also wonder about the water from frozen shrimp  I think I would thaw and drain the shrimp.

I am going to fix this.  Thanks for the recipe.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@QPrincess @Imaoldhippie - the recipe is based on frozen shrimp. Since the pasta is "raw" the extra moisture from the frozen shimp will give flavor and the water needed to cook the pasta

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@QPrincess @Imaoldhippie - the recipe is based on frozen shrimp. Since the pasta is "raw" the extra moisture from the frozen shimp will give flavor and the water needed to cook the pasta

Thanks for coming back with a reply.

Honored Contributor

@QPrincess @Chi-town girl .............Thanks for the information.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Looks easy and yummy, meets my 2 criteria!! Thanks Chi!  I'm gonna make it, maybe tonight!  ❣️❣️❣️👏🏼👍🏼😎

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl can you use frozen cooked shrimp or would the shrimp get overcooked in the oven?