Super Contributor

Alcoholic drink mix to go with lunch

Looking for suggestions for a drink mix to serve with a little spicy Polish lunch on Christmas.  I am having a family lunch sosome family can go visit other family members.  I am the only one who likes Moscato sweet but don't want anything dry; something refreshing (with alcohol for those of us who will be staying put)!  Something to put in pitcher; something like those fancy drinks they serve at hibachi!  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Alcoholic drink mix to go with lunch

I would avoid alcohol with lunch if, as you say, they are going on to visit other homes after yours. Someone will be driving! And alcohol is a depressant, so it may make them tired and not in the mood for the rest of their busy day. 

Honored Contributor

Wisniak

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I would avoid alcohol with lunch if, as you say, they are going on to visit other homes after yours. Someone will be driving! And alcohol is a depressant, so it may make them tired and not in the mood for the rest of their busy day. 

Thanks but there will be those of us who will be there for the day and we enjoy an occasional social drink.

Super Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Wisniak

Not quite sure what this post means! Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Spiked eggnog?

Mulled wine?

@Kleo wrote:

Looking for suggestions for a drink mix to serve with a little spicy Polish lunch on Christmas.  I am having a family lunch sosome family can go visit other family members.  I am the only one who likes Moscato sweet but don't want anything dry; something refreshing (with alcohol for those of us who will be staying put)!  Something to put in pitcher; something like those fancy drinks they serve at hibachi!  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

• 1 qt. cranberry juice.
  • 2 c. pineapple mango juice.
  • 1 can (12 oz) defrosted limeade concentrate.
  • 2 c. vodka.
  • 3 12 oz cans of ginger ale.
  • extra cranberry juice for freezing to chill.
  • fresh cranberries for garnish.
Cranberry Vodka Punch
realhousemoms.com/cranberry-vodka-punch/

this is a nice holiday beverage. my daughter also made us apple cider mimosas for thanksgiving. all you need is some champagne, prosecco, or sparkling white wine.....add good apple cider and you are all set.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Just got a good suggestion from my daughter and her boyfriend. Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:
  • 1 qt. cranberry juice.
  • 2 c. pineapple mango juice.
  • 1 can (12 oz) defrosted limeade concentrate.
  • 2 c. vodka.
  • 3 12 oz cans of ginger ale.
  • extra cranberry juice for freezing to chill.
  • fresh cranberries for garnish.
Cranberry Vodka Punch
realhousemoms.com/cranberry-vodka-punch/

this is a nice holiday beverage. my daughter also made us apple cider mimosas for thanksgiving. all you need is some champagne, prosecco, or sparkling white wine.....add good apple cider and you are all set.

Thanks for this; going to print.

Respected Contributor

@Kleo wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Thanks but there will be those of us who will be there for the day and we enjoy an occasional social drink.

@cddh

Hi. Understood, I was only referring to the people driving and planning to visit other homes after yours! Not suggesting that you shouldn't relax with a cocktail in your own home!