Trusted Contributor

Alberti's mashed potato dish?

Anyone see the garlic mashed potato recipe Alberti had on one of the blogs? It looks wonderful. I'm just wondering if it can be assembled the night before and then baked Thanksgiving day. I would think so as it seems similar to other potato casserole dishes with the sour cream, just wanting a second opinion I guess. Anyone have any idea?

Honored Contributor

Re: Alberti's mashed potato dish?

I don't see why you couldn't prepare it and bake it the next day.  It'll mean just warming it up, shouldn't take too much time.  ANd you'd be putting it in the fridge anyway right after you make it the day before anyway, no worries with the sour cream in it.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks PinkDogwood, that's what I was thinking. Happy Thanksgiving.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@daisyk  Sounds like a winner at your dinner on Thursday.  Enjoy those taters!!!

And THANK YOU, Ms Daisy - wishing you and your family the best turkey day ever!

Trusted Contributor

I had to go track this down it sounded so good.  Here's the recipe:

Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

(Thanksgivi​ng with Alberti! Blog)

5 lbs of peeled and boiled russet potatoes
1 stick of salted butter
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 cup of half & half
2 tblsp garlic paste
Salt and pepper to taste

Peel then boil your russet potatoes until they pierce easily with a fork. Drain water and transfer to a bowl. Using a Kitchen Aid hand mixer, begin whipping the potatoes by adding butter, sour cream, and half & half. Continue whipping and add garlic paste and parmesan cheese. Season to taste. Transefer to a 9x11 baking pan and bake for 30 minutes at 375F. Remove when top layer is browned and has formed a slight crust.

Trusted Contributor

@Honeybit wrote:

I had to go track this down it sounded so good.  Here's the recipe:

Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

(Thanksgivi​ng with Alberti! Blog)

5 lbs of peeled and boiled russet potatoes
1 stick of salted butter
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 cup of half & half
2 tblsp garlic paste
Salt and pepper to taste

Peel then boil your russet potatoes until they pierce easily with a fork. Drain water and transfer to a bowl. Using a Kitchen Aid hand mixer, begin whipping the potatoes by adding butter, sour cream, and half & half. Continue whipping and add garlic paste and parmesan cheese. Season to taste. Transefer to a 9x11 baking pan and bake for 30 minutes at 375F. Remove when top layer is browned and has formed a slight crust.

Doesn't it sound good? I'm trying it, gonna assemble tonight and bake it Thanksgiving.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing.