Honored Contributor

Re: Air Fryer what do you make in yours?

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse, We just went over to BB&B and got the bigger one now. I'm keeping the 3.4 qt one too. We should be able to get a full chicken, and 2 cornish hens in this one.  It makes more servings. As I read about the larger one, the people who bought the smaller one first, all said the same thing, they wish they would have gotten the larger one too.  We're happy with both of them now.  For a family of 5, the larger one would probably be good.  We also have Eric's cookbook since the type of machine we have is his, I also have Paula Deans and Blue Jean Chef's one.  (Cookbooks). 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

@GenXmuse, We just went over to BB&B and got the bigger one now. I'm keeping the 3.4 qt one too. We should be able to get a full chicken, and 2 cornish hens in this one.  It makes more servings. As I read about the larger one, the people who bought the smaller one first, all said the same thing, they wish they would have gotten the larger one too.  We're happy with both of them now.  For a family of 5, the larger one would probably be good.  We also have Eric's cookbook since the type of machine we have is his, I also have Paula Deans and Blue Jean Chef's one.  (Cookbooks). 

Thank you so much for the information @qualitygal. That sounds like it would work!  Go big or go home, I guess! 🌸😛😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

Thank you so much for the information @qualitygal. That sounds like it would work!  Go big or go home, I guess! 🌸😛😊

@GenXmuse I was waiting for someone with the larger version to weigh in (thank you @qualitygal) but if I had my druthers I would have waited for the large version as even though it's just me I would love to air fry a turkey breast for Thanksgiving.  On a daily basis, my 3.4 qt is fine but if I were to have just one I would opt for the biggest version.  I hope if you do take the plunge you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine!

eta:  If you check Amazon that have an air fryer (Gourmia) which I have had my eye on for a while that people on these forums also just love plus it gives you the versatility of a rotisserie and a basket for veggies and things.  I believe the capacity is comparable to the largest air fryers these days.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@GenXmuse I was waiting for someone with the larger version to weigh in (thank you @qualitygal) but if I had my druthers I would have waited for the large version as even though it's just me I would love to air fry a turkey breast for Thanksgiving.  On a daily basis, my 3.4 qt is fine but if I were to have just one I would opt for the biggest version.  I hope if you do take the plunge you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine!

eta:  If you check Amazon that have an air fryer (Gourmia) which I have had my eye on for a while that people on these forums also just love plus it gives you the versatility of a rotisserie and a basket for veggies and things.  I believe the capacity is comparable to the largest air fryers these 

@momtochloe great info, thank you! Will do! 🎈⭐️💐

Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

How many servings does this make in general? I have a family of five at home and am not sure this would make sense for us since I picture myself having to use it twice to make French fries, for example. 

Thanks!

With five to feed, you would need to make more than one batch in my Cook's Essentials air fryer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

eta:  If you check Amazon that have an air fryer (Gourmia) which I have had my eye on for a while that people on these forums also just love plus it gives you the versatility of a rotisserie and a basket for veggies and things.  I believe the capacity is comparable to the largest air fryers these 

@momtochloe great info, thank you! Will do! 🎈⭐️💐

Evine has two 5.3 qt air fryers.

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou

@BeccaLou wrote:

I use no cookbooks!!

Just for the air fryer or all the time?

Honored Contributor

I have no air fryer cookbooks.  I have made: steak, hamburger patty, baked potato, chicken, fish, lamb chop, pork tenderloin, grilled cheese, quesadilla, etc.  I agree with others that it does a great job of reheating pizza.  Would be good at baking a homemade pizza too.    I love mine.  I use it many times a week.   Better than heating large oven for food for one.  Also, the clean-up is so easy.  

Honored Contributor

Can you make bacon in it?

Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

Can you make bacon in it?

Since it's supposed to help us eat low fat, I will probably still do any bacon in the microwave. You are supposed to be able to make bacon in it.