Respected Contributor

Weather permitting, this will be dinner tonight.  I shared it on Recipe Swap a few years ago, but thought it worth repeating on the new format.

Adobo Sirloin 

1 lime, juiced 

1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 pounds top sirloin steak
salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Stir in chipotle peppers, and season to taste with adobo sauce.

Pierce the meat on both sides with a sharp knife, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place in a glass dish. Pour lime and chipotle sauce over meat, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.

Preheat grill for high heat.

Lightly brush grill grate with oil. Place steaks on the grill, and discard marinade. Grill steaks for 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.

Caramelized Red Bell Peppers and Onions
2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
2 red onions, cut into strips
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup red wine (optional)
1 pinch salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 pinch dried basil

In a hot saucepan over a medium heat, combine red peppers, onion, oil and butter; saute for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions and peppers soften. If desired, stir red wine into the vegetables and cook until the wine evaporates; approximately 30 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and basil.

My notes:  I will slice the steak into thin strips for fajitas.  I'll have a basket of steamed flour torillas ready, and, as this can be spicy, also a bowl of sour cream for a cool-down topping.  Shiraz stands up well to this.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing this again, Mrs. G!  I missed it previously!

These flavors are right up my alley!

Respected Contributor

Re: Adobo Sirloin

[ Edited ]

I love this recipe, and thanks for posting it IamMrs.G.......It is very tasty especially when sliced thin and served with coleslaw on a big seeded hamburger bun.

RespectLife this is a very tasty recipe, and you and hubby will definitely love it, if you both love spicy and heat. 

Respected Contributor

RespectLife, I hope you and yours enjoy this dish as much as DH and I.  Thank you, Adoreqvc, for your affirmation.  1f469-twitter

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.