Respected Contributor

Adding cornstarch to Choc. Chip Cookies 😊

• I saw this while reading how to keep chocolate chip cookies soft and chewy. There are many recipes out there doing this. So I gave it  a try. I used Sally's Baking Addiction version. 2 teaspoons is all that is needed. Yum yum 
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Adding cornstarch to Choc. Chip Cookies 😊

Wish I'd known that years ago when baking chocolate chip cookies by the dozens and dozens for teenage boys!! Now? I'd diabetic and cannot eat them. My grandson is allergic to eggs and cannot eat them. I haven't made anything sinfully delicious in over 10 years!  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Cornstarch is my secret ingredient to firm fudge every single time.   

Frequent Contributor

Interesting about the fudge..would love a recipe!!

@RedTop wrote:

Cornstarch is my secret ingredient to firm fudge every single time.   

Honored Contributor

I found that adding cornstarch to my cookies makes them fluffier and thicker. I always had flat cookies and now that I discovered the magic of cornstarch, I add 2 teaspoons to all my cookie recipes. What a noticeable difference! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for sharing this with us.  I make cookies on a weekly basis and I am eager to make them even better.  Would this also work with cakes?

Honored Contributor

Re: Adding cornstarch to Choc. Chip Cookies ?

@Beguile,

I have no special fudge recipe, just add a generous teaspoon of cornstarch to the sugar in any fudge where you actually cook the butter, sugar and milk on the stovetop.   I have never had a fudge failure using cornstarch, whether I make  Fudge, peanut butter fudge, or an old-fashioned chocolate fudge.

I do not make microwave fudge; this tip only applies to a cooked fudge where you either cook X amount of minutes, or to a soft ball stage.

Respected Contributor

I don't know about cakes. Will have to read up on that one. I fry my shrimp in cornstarch. And put some cornstarch in my fried chicken flour to make it crispy. Yum yum 😊 ❤ 😊