Esteemed Contributor

@walker Thanks for the crowd pleaser brunch recipe! I have made something similar, but with ham. I like the bacon idea more!

I made the  following recipe using Parmesan cheese yesterday, because I needed to use up a bunch of cherry tomatoes from my patio plants. DH loved it, and I think you could even put this over pasta or chicken and it would be great. It's important to use good, freshly grated Parmesan.

Spinach With Fresh Tomatoes and Parmesan

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 medium onion (sliced or diced)

2 cloves garlic (minced)

1 Pint cherry or grape tomatoes, diced (or 4 diced Roma tomatoes)

1 large bag baby spinach (16 oz. to 24 oz.)

1 pinch salt and pepper to taste

3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.  Add the onion and sauté until slightly tender. Add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Stir in the tomatoes and cook down for a few minutes. Add the spinach, salt and pepper, cover and continue cooking until the spinach is wilted – stirring occasionally.  (Hint: You may have to crunch the spinach into the pan to get it all in.). Stir in the Parmesan cheese, and allow to blend for a few minutes before serving.

NEXT INGREDIENT: PEACHES

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom ....love your recipe and I have all of the ingredients! I am fixing it tonight to go with chicken!!!

Thanks for my side dish!  😋 Will let you know how it is here...DH not a big spinach fan but when I mix it with other things he will eat it...🤞.  I toss it into fresh salads with other ingredients and he never knows...ha!  

NEXT INGREDIENT:  PEACHES

Esteemed Contributor

@walker wrote:

@PA Mom-mom ....love your recipe and I have all of the ingredients! I am fixing it tonight to go with chicken!!!

Thanks for my side dish!  😋 Will let you know how it is here...DH not a big spinach fan but when I mix it with other things he will eat it...🤞.  I toss it into fresh salads with other ingredients and he never knows...ha!  

NEXT INGREDIENT:  PEACHES

@walker  Wonderful! Please let me know what think about the recipe. I can take criticism Smiley Wink I was going to use kale, but I thought the strong flavor would overpower the other flavors. Happy cooking!

NEXT INGREDIENT: PEACHES

Honored Contributor

Re: AUGUST 2022 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom .... WINNER! 👍 I loved it!  AND....DH liked it too!!  He does like tomatoes and cheese so cooked all together it was a good blend.  He said it isn't so much that he doesn't like spinach but it just doesn't look that good cooked. Ha!  I will fix it again.  We almost finished it..just two of us.  It was easy to make.  I had everything prepped and so it was 1, 2, 3 GO...when time was ready.  
Thanks again....good recipe.  

NEXT INGREDIENT..... PEACHES!!!  🍑🍑🍑🍑

Esteemed Contributor

@walker wrote:

@PA Mom-mom .... WINNER! 👍 I loved it!  AND....DH liked it too!!  He does like tomatoes and cheese so cooked all together it was a good blend.  He said it isn't so much that he doesn't like spinach but it just doesn't look that good cooked. Ha!  I will fix it again.  We almost finished it..just two of us.  It was easy to make.  I had everything prepped and so it was 1, 2, 3 GO...when time was ready.  
Thanks again....good recipe.  

@walker  Yippee! It does come together really quckly, and I'm so glad you both liked it!!

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 10.00.55 PM.png

Peach Milkshake

• 3 medium size fresh, ripe peaches, rinsed well
  • 3/4 cup whole milk, divided + more if desired
  • 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream
  • whipped cream, if desired
  • caramel sauce, if desired

Peel and pit peaches. Puree peaches and ¼ cup of the milk in a blender on high until smooth, about 1 minute.

Add ice cream and remaining ½ cup milk to blender. Pulse until mostly smooth, about 10 (1-second) pulses, adding more milk, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.

Pour into 2 glasses; top with whipped cream and caramel sauce, if desired. Serve immediately.

Next ingredient: basil

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: AUGUST 2022 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

@house_cat ....YUM!  I wish I had those ingredients on hand!  

NEXT INGREDIENT ...... BASIL 

Honored Contributor

@walker 

Me, too! In fact, I've added the peaches and ice cream to my grocery list for next week!

Next ingredient: Basil

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Zucchini and Tomato Casserole *

2 lbs. zucchini

3 tablespoons olive oil, divided

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half

1/4 cup chopped fresh BASIL, plus extra for garnish

1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend

1/2 cup Italian Panko bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat an 8" square baking dish with cooking spray.  Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, and then slice each half into 1/2" pieces.  (It should give you about 7 cups.)

In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil.  Add the zucchini, salt and pepper and cook for 7-10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.  Stir in the garlic and cook 1 more minute; remove from heat.

Add the tomatoes and 1/4 cup BASIL to the zucchini mixture, stirring to combine.  Spoon into the baking dish and top with 3/4 cup of the cheese blend.

In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.  Sprinkle this on top of the shredded cheese layer and bake for 30-35 minutes or until veggies are heated through and topping is golden.  Top with additional chopped fresh BASIL just before serving.

* Recipe found in Easy Recipes You'll Love by Chef Tony Nataro seen on QVC.

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE

Honored Contributor

@walker 

Thank you for another nice recipe.  That will be perfect since my kids grow all those things and I'm forever looking for ways to cook them.  My son is gluten-intolerant, but I have GF panko crumbs. I'm going to try that casserole asap.

Next ingredient: Worchestershire Sauce

~ house cat ~