ARTICHOKE CHICKEN

4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup parmesan cheese, 4 ounces
1 clove garlic, minced
Pepper, to taste
14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

Pound the chicken breasts flat and place them on a rimmed foil-lined baking sheet. Mix the remaining ingredients and spread evenly over the chicken. Bake at 375º 15 minutes. Keeping the chicken on the center oven rack, turn on the broiler and broil the chicken about 5-7 minutes until the topping has browned, watching it closely so that it doesn't burn.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ARTICHOKE CHICKEN- Great Low carb Recipe

Apologies for "bumping" an old thread, but I just noticed I never thanked @coffeegal for this yummy recipe.  ☺️  Thank you!

We had it for dinner tonight.  I've made it several times, and my family and I always clean our plates.  If you like artichoke and chicken, consider giving this one a try.  I've been using low fat or fat free sour cream and mayo with olive oil.  

@coffeegal Thanks again!  I'd love to know what you'd recommend for a side dish.  Tonight we had it with brown rice.

Valued Contributor

Glad for the bumpSmiley Happy

this sounds so good & I will make for sure!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bet a fat free Greek yogurt could be used in place of the sour cream. I think I would serve a baked broccoli with this

Esteemed Contributor

@Jeannie29 I haven't tried it with yogurt, but that does sound good.  We often have it with veggies like broccoli or we have a salad on the side.  

I came here earlier today to search for recipes with arichokes and discovered this thread.  This is one example of why I appreciate that they don't get rid of the old threads.  So many great recipes here!  I wrote this down on a sheet of paper back in 2012, and I've been making it ever since.  It's really easy!

Trusted Contributor

This is a great recipe! I used low fat mayo and sour cream. It turned out wonderful! Really good leftovers too - the chicken stayed super moist. Thanks for bumping this older recipe!

Trusted Contributor

We really enjoyed this recipe so much.  I am going to make it again tomorrow.  Thank you for a good one.

Esteemed Contributor

Delicious!  

It's an easy recipe, but I found it's even easier by putting the artichokes in my Ninja and using this little gadget for pounding the meat:

http://www.qvc.com/Deni-49-Stainless-Steel-Blade-Meat-Tenderizer.product.K40194.html?sc=K40194-SRCH&...

Honored Contributor

Yum.  I plan on trying this😊