Honored Contributor

Re: APRIL 2021 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

KETO FUDGE

3.5 oz. Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate 

8 oz. Butter

6 Tablespoons Heavy Cream

1.5 Cups Alternative Powdered Sweetener (Swerve, erythritol, allulose)

2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract

1. Line an 8x8 pan with foil. 

2. Slice up butter.  Put all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl

3. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Continue until everything is melted and well blended.  At this point, you can stir in some chopped nuts, if desired

4. Pour mixture into pan.

5. Freeze exactly 1 hour.  No longer 

6. Lift entire “slab” from the pan and slice.

7. Store in refrigerator.

Next Ingredient:  EGGPLANT

Honored Contributor
@JeanLouiseFinch love this fudge recipe of yours. It tastes just like the real thing!
Grilled Ginger Miso Glazed Eggplant
Grilled Ginger Miso Glazed Eggplant

The flavors are an obvious match made in heaven and the japanese eggplant makes a perfect canvas to soak them up. 

PREP TIME45 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME1 hour

Ingredients  
  • 8 - 10 Japanese eggplants, halved lengthwise
  • 1 tbsp kosher salt
  • 1/3 cup white miso paste
  • 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar
  • pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
  • small handful of cilantro or scallions for garnish

Instructions
  1. Score flesh of eggplant and sprinkle with kosher salt. Lay cut side down on paper towel lined sheet pan. Let them sit for 45 - 60 minutes.
  2. Flip over and using clean paper towels or kitchen towel, wipe off excess salt and excess liquid from eggplant.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the miso, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes (if using) and a tablespoon of water, if needed to loosen mixture. Set aside.
  4. Heat grill to medium high (450°F - 475°F). Place eggplant cut side down on grill (do not oil). Cook for 4 - 6 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 4 minutes.
  5. Brush miso glaze onto eggplant and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
  6. Remove from grill, sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro.

Next Ingredient: SOUR CREAM

Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse,

I'm glad to know that you are still posting; that you just changed your nic!  I often wonder whether personal challenges, loss of interest, etc. precipitated the departure of posters who were so active on this forum.  These posters were such a valuable resource for expanding our culinary knowledge and experiences. 

I'm very grateful for the current posters because they, too, offer great and tasty dishes for us to attempt.  Most of the recipes seem easy to prepare as well. 

I was hoping that the recipe using limoncello would not be for a dessert and you delivered!  I have had limoncello over ice-cream and limoncello cake.  I look forward to sampling it in the Herb BBQ Chix Thighs.  And I am imagining your Easy Tomato Salad with Tarragon Pesto recipe would be adaptable as toppings on a pizza crust.  I thought it was a pizza when I first glanced at the photo.

I guess my imagination is working quite well this morning because I was almost salivating over the photo that looked to me to be bbq ribs which is actually your recipe for Grilled Ginger Miso Glazed Eggplant.  Boy, do those eggplants look delicious!!!

Thank you for these three recipes.  I plan to sample them all once my health issues allow me to get back in my kitchen.

Honored Contributor
KETO/LOW CARB CHEDDAR CHEESE BISCUITS

1/3 cup coconut flour
1.25 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sour cream
3 large eggs
4.5 Tbsp. butter, melted.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Combine melted butter, eggs, salt, and sour cream. Whisk to blend well
Add coconut flour and baking powder. Stir until thoroughly combined
Stir in the cheese until we’ll distributed

Grease 12 muffin tin cups
Divide batter among the muffin cups

Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are slightly browned

Next Ingredient: CREAM CHEESE
Trusted Contributor

Crab Dip Bake

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
½ cup sour cream OR plain yogurt
2 TBS mayonnaise
1 TBS lemon juice
1¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp dry mustard
Pinch onion salt

1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning, or to taste

1 cup crab meat

Few drops of milk, for creaminess
Few drops oil, for consistency
Cheddar cheese, grated, for topping

Directions
In an ovenproof dish, combine first eight ingredients (cream cheese through Old Bay). Fold in crabmeat. Add few drops of milk to make creamy and a few drops of oil to help hold dip together.  Stir in cheese to taste and sprinkle some cheese over top. Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes. Serve with crackers, dipping chips, crusty baguette, and/or veggies.6

NEXT INGREDIENT--  Any ground meat

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Quick to Fix! (Sounds like odd combo but good.)

Sloppy Joe Casserole

1 lb. lean GROUND BEEF

1/2 cup sliced green onions

1 (15.5oz) can Sloppy Joe Sauce (i.e., Manwich)

1 (11oz) can Green Giant Mexicorn Whole Kernel Corn

w/red and green peppers, undrained

1 (6oz) can refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits

Heat oven to 350.  Brown GROUND BEEF with onions and drain.  Stir in Sloppy Joe Sauce and corn.  Cook a few minutes or until heated; stirring occasionally.

Spoon mixture into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish (or 2 quart). Separate biscuits and cut each one in half.  Arrange, cut side down, around outside edge of meat mixture with sides of biscuits touching.

Bake for 20-30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown (check at 20 minutes...biscuits should be brown and meat bubbly).   Serves 4.

NEXT INGREDIENT .... GARLIC 

Honored Contributor

@vabreeze wrote:

@GenXmuse,

I'm glad to know that you are still posting; that you just changed your nic!  I often wonder whether personal challenges, loss of interest, etc. precipitated the departure of posters who were so active on this forum.  These posters were such a valuable resource for expanding our culinary knowledge and experiences. 

I'm very grateful for the current posters because they, too, offer great and tasty dishes for us to attempt.  Most of the recipes seem easy to prepare as well. 

I was hoping that the recipe using limoncello would not be for a dessert and you delivered!  I have had limoncello over ice-cream and limoncello cake.  I look forward to sampling it in the Herb BBQ Chix Thighs.  And I am imagining your Easy Tomato Salad with Tarragon Pesto recipe would be adaptable as toppings on a pizza crust.  I thought it was a pizza when I first glanced at the photo.

I guess my imagination is working quite well this morning because I was almost salivating over the photo that looked to me to be bbq ribs which is actually your recipe for Grilled Ginger Miso Glazed Eggplant.  Boy, do those eggplants look delicious!!!

Thank you for these three recipes.  I plan to sample them all once my health issues allow me to get back in my kitchen.

Great to hear from you and than you for your kind words! I love trying new ingredients or old ingredients in new ways.  I just wanted to wish you well in your journey to health and being able to get back to doing more of the things you love and creating in the kitchen. 

Next ingredient: GARLIC

Honored Contributor

Szechuan Green Beans

PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 15 minutes
SERVINGS 4
AUTHOR Holly Nilsson

These spicy Szechuan Green Beans are the perfect addition to any meal!

Ingredients
  • 1 pound green beans
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon garlic chili paste or Sambal Oelek or more to taste
  • ½ teaspoon sesame oil

Instructions
  • Rinse and trim green beans. Pat dry.
  • Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans and stir-fry 3-4 minutes.
  • Add garlic and ginger, cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook 3 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp and sauce is slightly thickened

Next Ingredient: PEANUTS

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Easy Thai Peanut Noodles

Ingredients

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1 lb. linguine (or ramen, spaghetti, fettuccini)

3 cloves garlic (chopped)

1 bell pepper (red, julienned)

1 carrot (julienned)

1/3 cup soy sauce (or Tamari)

1 tablespoon honey (or agave syrup, or brown sugar)

1/4 cup peanut butter

1 teaspoon Chili sauce

1/3 cup peanuts (chopped)

1/4 cup green onions (sliced)

1 teaspoon sesame seeds

Instructions

Boil pasta or noodles according to box directions.
Then drain.

While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.

In a medium sized bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, peanut butter and chili sauce until fully combined. Set aside.

Preheat oil in a large skillet. Add bell pepper, carrots and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.

Add drained pasta and sauce into the skillet and mix until fully combined.

Top with chopped peanuts, green onions and sesame seeds.  Serves 6.

Next ingredient:  Yellow squash  Tomatoes

Esteemed Contributor

I give up!

Next ingredient:  A recipe!  Any recipe!