Regular Contributor

Re: APRIL 2018 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

This is so refreshing in the summer.  It's a delicious combination between banana pudding and banana cream pie.

8 Servings

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
1/2 cup cold milk
1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
1 (8 oz.) carton Cool Whip, thawed
3 medium bananas, sliced
lemon juice
additional graham cracker crumbs (optional)

Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a spring-form pan; press mixture in the bottom of the pan.  In a large bowl, whisk sour cream and milk until blended.  Add pudding mix; whisk until pudding is dissolved. Gently fold Cool Whip into the mixture.  Spread half of mixture over the crust.  Dip banana slices in lemon juice.  Arrange bananas over mixture in the spring-form pan.  Spread remaining mixture over bananas.  Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate overnight or until firm.  To serve, remove collar from spring-form pan; cut into wedges.  For a fancier presentation, sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of each serving, if desired.  Refrigerate leftovers.

Next Ingredient:  Canned tomatoes
Honored Contributor

@Bluffbaker

This is exactly what I needed! I have bananas about to go bad and sour cream that needs to be used. I'll be making this tonight! Thank you.

Next ingredient: canned tomatoes

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Baked Mostaccioli

8 ozs. uncooked mostaccioli

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 garlic clove, minced

1 CAN (28 ozs) DICED TOMATOES

1 can (8 ozs) tomato sauce

1 can (6 ozs) tomato paste

1 can (4 ozs) sliced mushrooms

1/2 cup water

1 to 1 1/4 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon dried basil

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1 bay leaf

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook mostaccioli according to package directions; drain and set aside.  Meanwhile, in large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.  Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Drain.

Stir in the TOMATOES, tomato sauce and paste, mushrooms, water, salt, sugar, basil, pepper and bay leaf.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Discard bay leaf.  Stir in mostaccioli.  Spoon half into 9 x 13 " baking dish.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; layer with remaining meat mixture.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Cover and bake 30-35 minutes or until heated through.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... BUTTER

Regular Contributor

@house_cat

You're welcome.  Let me know how you like it.  I haven't made it in ages, but may need to make one soon.

Honored Contributor

@Bluffbaker wrote:

@house_cat

You're welcome.  Let me know how you like it.  I haven't made it in ages, but may need to make one soon.

@Bluffbaker

The plan  changed when DH brought home an entire flat (not sure if that's what it's called) of strawberries from the farm up the highway. I made an angel food cake, but the banana pie is on my mind. Bananas are my #1 favorite - we are never without them in the house.  I promise to post when I make it.

Next ingredient: BUTTER

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

When I make these for company or bring them to events, everyone raves about them.  I haven't found a better recipe.  They are wonderful plain, or with  dried blueberries (don't use fresh), lemon zest... you'll love them.

Please watch this simple video from Annabelle.  My ingredients have been modified a little, but I've made them dozens of times and they're excellent.

Annabelle White's Buttermilk Scones

Ingredients

3 c all purpose flour

2 heaping tsps baking powder

pinch of salt

3/4 c butter - grated from frozen

1 1/2 c buttermilk

1 c dried fruit (optional)

425° for 18-20 minutes

Let cool, brush with conf sugar/milk glaze

tea and scones - jam party - 2014.jpg

I brought these to the home of a committe member for a meeting. She took this photo for her FB page because she loved them so much :-)

Next ingredient:  dried fruit

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

thank you @house_cat  !!!

I just HAVE to make these!

I have buttermilk to use up...

I have dried blueberries...

My mom's name was Annabelle!

Can't wait to try them!

NEXT INGREDIENT:  DRIED FRUIT

Honored Contributor

Apricot Tarts

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 pkg. (3 oz) cream cheese, softened*

1 cup flour

3/4 cup finely chopped DRIED APRICOTS

3/4 cup water

1/3 cup chopped pecans

1/4 cup sugar

2 Tablespoons orange marmalade

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Blend butter, cream cheese and flour.  Chill for 1 hour.  Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring DRIED APRICOTS and water to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.  Drain.  Add the pecans, sugar, marmalade, cinnamon and cloves; set aside.  Shape chilled dough into 24 balls.  Press into bottom and up sides of greased miniature muffin tins.  Spoon apricot mixture into each cup.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until browned.  Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.

Topping:

2 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened 

1 Tablespoon butter, softened

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup confectioners sugar

Combine cream cheese and butter.  Stir in vanilla until smooth.  Beat in confectioners sugar.  Spoon a dollop onto each tart before serving.

*  It is hard to find 3 oz packages of cream cheese.  I take what I need from the larger size package.....or use the tub of whipped cream cheese.

NEXT INGREDIENT ...... BLUEBERRIES

Honored Contributor

Blueberry Coffee Cake

2 C blueberries

2 1/2 C sugar

2 1/2 C flour

1 1/2 C butter

1 C sour cream

2 eggs

Sprinkle blueberries with sugar.

Mix together the remaining ingredients.

Using a Bundt pan, put in 1/3 of the batter, then a layer of blueberries.

Repeat two more times ending with blueberries.

Bake 1 hour at 350.

Next ingredient:  Rotel