Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas Re: ANYONE TRY A NEW RECIPE TODAY?

@chvall99 

Would you share the recipe for your Vegetarian Wellington? 

@kittyloo 

Would also love to know how a no-bake fruit cake is made should you obtain the recipe.  I became hooked on Beatrice Bakery Grandma's Fruitcakes after ordering my first one from QVC.

TIA to you both!!

Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE TRY A NEW RECIPE TODAY?

Yes--I was in charge of a potatoe dish--made furneral potatoes---sounds awful and really not the most healthy dish--made with tons of dairy items, cheese, sour cream, butter and  frozen hashbrowns. guess it was a hit as I got a tiny spoonful before the entire thing was devoured.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kare29   Your  recipe sounds wonderful but here's how I do Roasted Veggies for 1 or 2.

Use frozen California Blend.  Add any veggies you like; more carrots, Brussels sprouts, cherry tomatoes, squash, green beans, etc.

I put all the veggies in a gallon plastic bag and add olive oil, salt, garlic pepper and thyme (just a pinch). 

Seal bag and 'mush' until all veggies are coated.

Put on a sheet pan in a single layer and roast at 400 degrees until they are as done as you like.  They can all be eaten raw, so 'doneness' is up to you.  I like mine softened.  My DS prefers crisp!

My favorite way to have veggies!  Enjoy!

Frequent Contributor

@Zhills  Thank you for the share.  Do you thaw the veggies first? I think I will try this for a quick and easy way to enjoy veggies. I get so sick of frozen green beans, corn and broccoli!

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Yes--I was in charge of a potatoe dish--made furneral potatoes---sounds awful and really not the most healthy dish--made with tons of dairy items, cheese, sour cream, butter and  frozen hashbrowns. guess it was a hit as I got a tiny spoonful before the entire thing was devoured.

That's a staple around here.  

Esteemed Contributor

@kare29 wrote:

@Zhills  Thank you for the share.  Do you thaw the veggies first? I think I will try this for a quick and easy way to enjoy veggies. I get so sick of frozen green beans, corn and broccoli!

No, I don't thaw them.  Sometimes I will cut the broccoli or cauliflower into smaller pieces once they thaw in the oven.  Never cook over 30 mins at 400.  I gave my DS some and he sat and ate them like candy!  They are delicious.

Respected Contributor

Yes, we all were ready to try a new entree after serving steak, Fleming's Chiptole Mac and Cheese, mashed potatoes, so we tried a new one.  Jose Andres paella along with Fleming's Lyonnaise potatoes......both were delicious and well received.  Also DIL made a great bourbon pecan pie cheesecake and homemade fudge.  What a great meal!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Zhills  Thanks...making the veggies in the oven now...they smell wonderful...DW

Valued Contributor

I made a white chocolate cheesecake and a coconut cheesecake. I followed a recipe I found in a fb group.

Absolutly delicious! I froze 3/4 of each cc.

BTW, I made both in my instant pot.

Honored Contributor

I haven't made a ham in awhile.  I used a new glaze recipe :  Deep South Dish - Old School Pineapple Glaze.  The ham was moist and delicious🙂