Honored Contributor

ANYONE MAKE KALE CHIPS?

[ Edited ]

I've never tasted them, but assume they're a healthy version of potato chips?

Any tricks, tips  or recipes you would recommend? 

TIA 

Frequent Contributor

I made them a couple of years ago and I remember it being very easy.  I think I baked them with a little EVOO and salt.  I thought they were good but my husband absolutely hates any kind of kale so they were not a hit and I haven't grown any since!  Good luck and I hope you enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

I made them and they were just bitter kale with a crunch.  Definitely not a  substitute for a snack.  

Valued Contributor

I made them once but didn't like them enough to make them again. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I made them when I had extra kale in my garden. I used Old Bay seasoning. Loved them! The main problem with them is the amount of space they take up in your oven. You could eat a whole batch in one sitting.

Honored Contributor

I’ve made them a few times. Make sure you don’t overcrowd your baking sheet. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I Love Kale chips !  they have many recipes online but I just wash the kale and dry it well,  break in bite size pieces,( I don't use the stems) I then  toss them in a little olive oil to coat the leaves and spred them  on a baking sheet that I have topped with foil . I sprinkle them with low salt and bake them at 350 for about 12 mins. I watch them closely so they don't burn. I eat them like a bag of potato chips but so much healthier   I will be making a batch tomorrow  YUM