Honored Contributor

ANYONE COOKING BONELESS RIBS?

Not sure how, but I ended up getting boneless ribs this year.  They're marinating in a a smoky barbecue sauce for now.

Every cook them?  If so, anything different than ribs with bones?  

Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE COOKING BONELESS RIBS?

@Tinkrbl44 : Never cooked the boneless ribs but should be no difference. We prefer the country style ribs.Your Smokey bbq sauce sounds delicious. Wish that I could be more helpful. Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Honored Contributor

I cook boneless ribs quite often.  Both beef and pork.  If we dont grill them, then I brown them in my slow cooker then steam them till done.  I put some BBQ sauce on them while steaming, then we add more sauce if desired.

Since they are thicker than bone in ribs, slow cooking is the secret to tenderness.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I cooked mine in the crock pot until they were almost done. It gets rid of a lot of the grease/fat. Then I finished them on the gas grill.

Esteemed Contributor

I cook boneless ribs often.  For me the crock pot is the best way as after slow cooking they just fall apart.  They are delicious!  Hope you enjoy them.

Super Contributor

I marinate with a dry herbs and spices and wait to put any bbq sauce on the ribs until in the final cooking process so it does not  burn.

Honored Contributor

I make this recipe kept from an old issue of Cook's Country.  We like it over egg noodles:

1 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp paprika

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

2 lbs boneless country-style pork ribs

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1 onion, sliced thin

2 tsp minced garlic

1 cup beef broth

1 tsp cider vinegar

Pat ribs dry.  Stir onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in dish, then sprinkle on meat.  Brown pork in 2 tbsp hot oil in skillet until well-browned.  Remove to plate.

Cook 2 more tbsp oil and onions in covered skillet until soft.  Stir in garlic.  Stir in broth and bring to boil.  Stir in meat, cover, and cook over low heat until tender.  Stir in vinegar. 

Honored Contributor

That's the only type of ribs I cook. I cook mine in the crock pot in a bbq sauce my mom made. If I had a outdoor grill I might finish them after they are done for that nice crispy surface---I use the pork spare ribs.

Honored Contributor

I'd probably roast them low and slow, the same way I do for bone-in. Season with homemade dry rub the night before. Place them in a pan, meat side down, keep them covered with foil. Bake at 225* for 4 hrs.  When they are done,remove the juices from the pan, turn over so meat side is up, brush on your sauce and bake uncovered for another 30 mins. Perfect every time. 

Our baby backs are in the oven. 😋