Respected Contributor

AB Reloaded Show, what you missed

[ Edited ]

Last night he reloaded the first show about steaks. He showed the Reverse Sear method of cooking a steak. He likes ribeyes. He salted the steak, dry aged it for 8-10 hours on a rack on a sheet pan in the refrigerator. Heat the oven to 200-250, cook the steak to internal temp.of 120*. He let it rest 10 minutes, then put it in a screaming hot 12 in cast iron skillet. Cooked it for 45 seconds on each side. Let it rest 5 minutes on a rack, then cut it on the bias. I have cooked steaks the reverse sear way, but I didn't do the salting step. 

His second show was about chuck roast, which one to buy and how to cook it. He said to buy a 7 bone chuck roast. The bone looks like a number 7. Or a roast with a long blade bone is the most tender. He browned the meat, set it aside and cooked a tomato/onion/ garlic sauce. On a big sheet of foil, he put half of the sauce, then the meat, then the rest of the sauce on top. He double wapped it. He cooked it in the oven for 3.5 hours til it was tender.  I buy boneless chuck roasts when they go on sale for $2.99 a pound and freeze them. 

Check it out next Monday night at 9:00. The Cooking Channel.

Honored Contributor

Re: AB Reloaded Show, what you missed

AB?

Saving time & trouble. If I offend you, I am sorry.
Respected Contributor

Alton Brown who does the Good Eats shows. 😊 😊 😊 

Respected Contributor

@Barbarainnc  I am going to have to start recording his show.  I really loved his former Good Eats show.  It was informative but also full of humor.  I even bought the cookbook he had out at the time.

Honored Contributor

I tried to watch it but just couldn't get into it--was kind of boring, I thought. Maybe it will get better-----