Trusted Contributor

A recipe that I came upon.....

Forget the steak in this recipes, as I know about steak.....{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I get the Kansas City White Cheddar Jalapeno burgers, and this time, it came with a recipe booklet that is so different than what used to come with them.......It actually has some really good sounding recipes....What I want to know, is if anyone has ever tried the recipe, and how you like it...AS it sounds good and different to me.........Cool

Grilled Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Flan

Ingredients:

4 (6oz.) Filet Mignon

1 cup heavy cream

4 oz. bue cheese

1 egg + 2 yolks

salt and pepper

Directions: Bring the cream to a boil and pour into a blender on top of the blue cheese. With the blender running, add the egg and yolks and mix until smooth. Season to taste. Pour the mixture evenly into four 4 oz. oven safe ramekins that have been oil or sprayed with pan spray on the inside and bake in a water bath at 350 degrees for twenty minutes or until set. Remove from oven and water bath, the flan can either be served warm or cold, they can also be cooked ahead of time and reheated.

To plate, run a paring knife between the flan and the ramekin and turn out onto a plate. If it sticks, tap the edge of the ramekin on the plate gently until it releases. Season the Filet Mignon on both sides with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium.

Servings: 4

Source: KC Steak Company

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Super Contributor

Re: A recipe that I came upon.....

Thank you for this! I would love to make it--a delightful twist. Sounds delish!