Honored Contributor

A magical little cake recipe!

My friend got this recipe somewhere and I tried it today.

Perhaps it's been posted here previously, but it's new to me, so I thought I'd share.

In a large zip-top bag, combine one box of angel food cake mix with one box of any flavor cake mix, like yellow, chocolate, lemon, etc.

When you want a little treat, stir 3 T of the mix with 2 T of water in a small microwavable dish or mug that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Pop it into the microwave for one minute and voila! You have the cutest little cake!  

You can keep the mix on the shelf to use a little at a time - no need to refrigerate.  I think children would especially love this!

I made a little layer cake for DH tonight with strawberry jam in the center and I'll add whipped cream to the top.

IMG_2068 2.JPG

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: A magical little cake recipe!

[ Edited ]

@house_cat 

Cute, cute, cute.  I will save this recipe to use sometime in the future.  I'm always craving something sweet.   What did you cook your cake in to get that shape?

Honored Contributor

@KatieB 

I used a little glass bowl that I got at the 99⍧ store many years ago.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I just take about 1/2 mug of cake mix, add about 1 tsp of oil and enough water to make it batter consistency, then nuke.  Don't need the angelfood mix.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

THANKS @house_cat @Kachina624  ... I love the great tips that I get from all the wonderful people on these forums 🥰

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

That is a great idea.  I think my little granddaughter might like doing this for her parents and brother.  She has just turned 12 and likes cooking with her parents and making treats for the family.  I will save this for her. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

We had a sweet tooth after dinner tonight, so I made some chocolate pudding (we like it warm) with real whipped cream not cool whip.

I'm trying really hard to ignore the 2 leftover ramekins of pudding....sitting so close by me as we speak........whispering my name....... 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat   I saw this a few years ago, and my co-worker called it a Weight Watcher's 321 cake. It's a great recipe for a quick sweet fix and for the kiddies as well!

Esteemed Contributor

Doing this for a long time.  I do use the Angel food mix as well as another flavor. Easy and just enough to satisfy us and no need to store the cake. Only two of us. 

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

My friend got this recipe somewhere and I tried it today.

Perhaps it's been posted here previously, but it's new to me, so I thought I'd share.

In a large zip-top bag, combine one box of angel food cake mix with one box of any flavor cake mix, like yellow, chocolate, lemon, etc.

When you want a little treat, stir 3 T of the mix with 2 T of water in a small microwavable dish or mug that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Pop it into the microwave for one minute and voila! You have the cutest little cake!  

You can keep the mix on the shelf to use a little at a time - no need to refrigerate.  I think children would especially love this!

I made a little layer cake for DH tonight with strawberry jam in the center and I'll add whipped cream to the top.

IMG_2068 2.JPG

I got this recipe at my WW meeting, they call it the 3-2-1 Mug Cake. I have used the Devil's Food Cake and put in a couple of frozen no sugar black cherries, with a little Cool Whip it's like Black Forest Cake.