Honored Contributor

I remember my grandmother being absolutely addicted to root beer floats years ago.  I think she camped at A&W all summer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Just a few weeks ago I had a craving for A&W so I was tickled when I found it in sugar free. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Arby's is selling coke floats and root beer floats. The small size (quite adequate) is a dollar; I always get the medium (warning: they are addictive!).

I knew there was a reason I was going to go to Arby's this past Saturday; ended up going to Wendy's to get their Strawberry Summer salad and a chocolate jr. frosty (have a key tag so I get a jr. frosty free anytime I buy something).

Esteemed Contributor

Oh the memories of doing this as a kid. We would make with Pepsi also. 

Respected Contributor

Fun thread.....I actually got root beer and vanilla ice cream in my last grocery order, and have been enjoying a float each evening.  I will be having one tonight, too....love them!

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

This thread makes me want to go to Sonic this week for one 🍺.

@tucsongal 

Yes, I had Sonic on my mind when I replied!  We don't have Sonic in my state; another con to living here.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

2 vanilla scoops with root beer poured over it, is our rootbeer float!  OOOOhhhh that's summertime in a glass.

Trusted Contributor

Re: A&W Root Beer Freeze

[ Edited ]

👍   root beer float!  I still have a couple of the glass mugs from A&W drive-ins.

4D9945B7-64D6-4615-BD71-F463901DFCEE.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Arby's is selling coke floats and root beer floats. The small size (quite adequate) is a dollar; I always get the medium (warning: they are addictive!).

Our dog is currently in a Arby's roast beef phase. So once a day my husband gets 2 roast beef sandwiches and while he is there he picks up root beer floats for us.

Hope the root beer floats being available at Arby's last as long as the dog's roast beef phase.

Respected Contributor

Last summer, we were visiting White Face Mountain in NYS and there was an AW!  I had a root beer float - as delicious as I remembered them!