Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@rockygems123 I am crazy about pears and warm gorgonzola or pears and warm brie!  Oh and red grapes!  We discovered that when we were in New Orleans during a hurricane and room service sent up the most beautiful fruit and cheese tray I ever saw for dinner!  

It was so good most of my husband's burger went begging that night!  That LONG night! But was a small hurricane thank goodness--but big enough to scare me!

@Sooner 

The hurricane sounds terrifying!  That's great you had wonderful food, that helped with the nerves...and maybe a glass of wine?!

@rockygems123 LOL!!  No, just a glass of tea or Coke is fine.  We were up all night watching tv and they talked about all the things that could happen and areas that would flood and sure enough it did in later storms.  How awful.

It didn't do a lot of damage, but the hotel rocked so much people from the higher floors were camped out in the lobby in blanket.  I wouldn't care to do it again!  

Trusted Contributor

My favorite salads have fruits and nuts in them but they also have to have some kind of cheese - preferably goat or blue cheese/gorgonzola.  A local pizza place has a spinach salad with chicken, walnuts, strawberries, beets and goat cheese and it is so delicious! 

If it's a salad with a sweeter dressing like raspberry vinaigrette, I love it with a strong blue cheese.  So good!  I could eat those salads every day.

Honored Contributor

No fruit in my salads thank you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@wismiss that sounds wonderful!  We do something similiar and add real maple syrup to the dressing.