Honored Contributor

I want to make a cherry jello salad made with tart pitted cherries in water.  I am having trouble finding the cherries in water.  I am wondering if I could buy cherries in syrup and rinse them in water?  The recipe does not say use the cherry water, but calls for a 1/2 cup of water.  The other liquid ingredient is coke.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I would think that would work!  Or maybe get frozen cherries?  Our store has both frozen tart and black cherries.  

Sounds like a good recipe, especially for summer Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   That sounds like a creative solution.  I don't know why it wouldn't work.   I love cherries in any form.  During this heat wave a jello salad would hit the spot.  Let us know how it turns out.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I want to make a cherry jello salad made with tart pitted cherries in water.  I am having trouble finding the cherries in water.  I am wondering if I could buy cherries in syrup and rinse them in water?  The recipe does not say use the cherry water, but calls for a 1/2 cup of water.  The other liquid ingredient is coke.

@Imaoldhippie Well, get a jar of tipsy cherries and put a few in a coke with a good amount of ice and contemplate the situation on your porch on a pretty day! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Sooner .......best advise, I will add some Jack Daniels to it.

Honored Contributor

@Knit-Chick ...........I thought of frozen cherries but wondered when thawed if they would be watery?

Respected Contributor

That sounds yummy.  I had a recipe that used coke and cherry pie filling with jello.  Only made it a few times as it made about 9 cups of jello.  Way too much. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Imaoldhippie Brilliant!  I had hoped you'd say that!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Imaoldhippie Brilliant!  I had hoped you'd say that!  Woman LOL

@Imaoldhippie Hmmmm. . . now that I've thought about it, I may try to help you "study on" the problem this afternoon!  (My dad always said he's "study on it" to think about something.)

Honored Contributor

https://whitneybond.com/memes-cherry-coke-salad/#recipe

Here is the link to the recipe of anyone would like to try it.

I will be making this for a church picnic Sunday.  I will report back if it was a success.

@Sooner @cindyNC @phoenixbrd @Knit-Chick